Gangster Movie Suggestions

Tools    

Suggest some gangster movies with good action and a happy ending. Like Public Enemies but a happy ending where the gangster does not killed/caught at the end of the movie.

That's a good topic starter. Geez, I don't think you can go wrong with Goodfellas. I'm guessing the movie was a pretty accurate portrayal of a day in the life of a mobster. You get a real sense of how these gangsters make life or death decisions as an accepted part of business. The Joe Pesci character was an absolute psychopath, in that he would casually kill without a second thought. In one scene, he and DeNiro stab and shoot a guy to death in a car trunk. Then the Pesci character invites his associate home to his Mother's house for leftover Italian food!

Another intriguing theme, is the loyalty, friendship, blind trust, and even love these treacherous characters feel for another. It's interesting to watch because these characters must wonder if they will have to turn against one another some day.

You were asking for a film with a happy ending where the gangster does not killed or caught. The Henry Hill character (Ray Liotta) becomes a Federal informant near the end. He testifies against his former gangland mentors and is sent into the Witness Protection Program.

Suggest some gangster movies with good action and a happy ending. Like Public Enemies but a happy ending where the gangster does not killed/caught at the end of the movie.
Very hard to find a gangster movie where the ending isnt grim. Just like most people that live that life. their end is nothing upbeat, nothing great. Ive seen my share of gangster movies and most end badly. the only one i can think about is

Semper Fooey
If you include crime movies where they are criminals, but not gangsters. the odds are a little better.

The Getaway

In The Usual Suspects there is a happy ending for one of them.

I just remembered those Blaxploitation movies from the seventies often had a gangster with happy endings.

The best of those was probably Superfly.