Best Movie Plot Holes

Tools    

why in terminator doesnt sarah just board a plane and fly to another country far from america and hide out there and change her identity or even have plastic surgery surely the chances of a terminator locating her then would be extremely low.

Welcome to the human race...
Originally Posted by The Prestige
2nd that. I think Pyro's bold just for even attempting to watch Twilight. Takes some serious balls to get sit through what's major, ahem, suckage.
I'm no Twilight fan or anything, but I actually watched this all the way through on purpose because I figured it probably would be fun to watch in a "so-bad-it's-good" kind of way. If you think Pyro's bold for putting up with 20 minutes, what about the fact that I got through all 2 hours?

Well, get UN-LAZY and prove me wrong.

I always remember it being a hand on the control, not an arm. Even so, that would be no indication of it being Raptors.

How about Fantastic Voyage, where they get the scientist out of the man's body just before they return to normal size....but what about all the wreckage left inside his body?

Spiderman 2 - Doc Ock is told that if he wants Spiderman, he should to talk to Peter Parker, he doesn't know the Peter is Spiderman, so according to him the most logical thing to do is to throw a car at the one person who knows where to find spiderman.

Blade - The ending ceremony needs 12 pure bloods, this is mentioned several times. Yet Frost's girlfriend kills on of these vamps and the thing still works. Did they have backups? This is never shown or explained.

Shawshank Redemption - I always wondered this, how does Andy, who goes head first into his tunnel manage to re-tape the poster to the wall?

Minority Report - A friend told me this one and I haven't watched the film in a while to remember much about their visions...but...the pre-cogs can see the future right? So how can they see murders when the future is those murderers getting arrested? Wouldn't they just see these people getting arrested and not the murder?

One can attribute the last on to them seeing the future and telling the cops who ultimate "change" that future, but I liked it so I included it.
Good catch on Shawshank, I've watched that movie a ton and never caught that! Awesome.

The one that gets me to this day is: Citizen Kane is all about finding out what 'rosebud' means...only he dies alone in his bed, so how does anyone know what his last word was?

Musician Jobs TV Jobs

Semper Fooey
How do you know he died alone? The way I remember, it's a big closup of him saying the word. The camera never gets back far enough so we can see if there is anybody else around or not.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
After Kane says "Rosebud", he drops the snow globe. We see a nurse open a closed door as she's photographed through the remains of the globe's glass dome. The implication is that he is alone in the room, but if he said the word loud enough, the nurse would have heard it through the door. Therefore, it's never really bothered me. I guess they could have tweaked the line in the movie to say, "The nurse heard his last word through the door." I vote 'no biggie'.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Batman Begins: A microwave emitter stolen from Wayne Enterprises is used in the climax of the film, water pipes burst, sewer covers explode, but isn't the human body 75% water? Why aren't people exploding in the streets?

And this video isn't really plot hole filled, but funny enough.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18203_w...orrifying.html

Suspect's Reviews

inception was all about how you could go into peoples dreams and steal their deepest darkest secrets.
then there are these totems, that are supposedly a secret so no one can trick you into thinking a dream is reality. but how exactly are totems kept secret if the very point of going into peoples dreams is to steal their secrets? this is a blatant contradiction in logic.

now, you can go a level deeper, well to the deepest level actually and implant a thought too. so that is where we get the movie title, but the trade skill is mostly about stealing secrets.

okay so they do this whole demo thing inside of a dream and we find out that if you change too much then the mind will detect you and attack you. so the rule is established, don't change stuff if you want to avoid the mind attacking you. so they go on the actual mission and immediately the guys mind starts attacking them. okay so if his mind has this special training and it's attacking them, it seems to me there is nothing stopping you from changing stuff anymore. I would have had an iron man suit, or at least conjured up a doctor for the one guy that got injured. ughhh.. i hate it when a movie lays down ground rules and then tramples all over them

I don't get your point about the totems. Like you said, these secret-stealers use the totems to remind them what is dream and what is reality in order to avoid getting stuck in dreams/limbo.

So where is the contradiction?

There are whole web sites devoted to asking and answering questions about Inception.

I don't get your point about the totems. Like you said, these secret-stealers use the totems to remind them what is dream and what is reality in order to avoid getting stuck in dreams/limbo.

So where is the contradiction?

There are whole web sites devoted to asking and answering questions about Inception.
well perhaps i misunderstood the point of a totem, but i thought it was so that their own dream-invasion skills couldn't be used against themselves by someone else. they would recognize it was a dream first by using the totem, because the invader wouldn't have that secret knowledge. i'm just saying that the invader WOULD have that secret knowledge since the whole point of dream invading originally was to steal secrets.

that's not as big of a thing as my other point though, which personally i thought was a big disappointment. they could have taken things much further but instead clung to the "we can't change too much" excuse that doesn't hold water.

ok how is this for a plot hole, not a single person in the fifth element has a cell phone. it's all land lines, but yet the phones all communicate faster than the speed of light over great distances haha okay i don't really take the movie seriously enough to call that a plot hole, just messing around. i do have a few other serious ones but i'll save them for another day

Awesome thread.

Terminator... the Machines have access to time travel. Why not just go back to Connor's Grandparents's's's and wipe out their entire existence completely?

Gremlins... while getting the piss taken out of him by the two cops when he tries to tell them about "little green men taking over the town", why doesn't Billy just take the cops to see the dead body of the teacher? They'd have to take him seriously at just the mere mentioning of a murder, surely? The proof that the teacher is dead would certainly make them listen.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark... why doesn't Indy just let the Nazi group take the Ark directly to Hitler rather than trying to stop them, in doing so he ends up driving them into opening it... surely if he'd have just let the Nazis be, Hitler would have suffered that fate and hence, in hindsight, WWII would actually have been prevented.

In the film Taken... why does nobody care about Neeson's daughter's friend being kidnapped and killed?

X-Men... Magneto wears that helmet to hide where he is from Xavier and protect himself from Xavier's mental attacks.
So why doesn't Xavier just focus on the people that Magneto hangs around with so he knows where Magneto is and what he's up to?

Django Unchained features a lot of dynamite... yet dynamite wasn't introduced to the USA until a decade after the film was set.

Had a look but couldn't see if this Star Wars one has been covered...

They hid Luke from Vader... by hiding him on Vader's home planet with family and didn't change his surname either.
They managed it with Leia, but not Luke...

Why did they take such a risk with Luke?

Plot Spoilers!!

30 Days Of Night... they get out of the attic and a short time later Sheriff Oleson injects himself with vampire blood and goes out to attack the Vamp Leader using his new Vamp-Powers... wins the day and saves his friends

Minutes later, the sun comes up and Oleson dies by turning to ash.

Why didn't they all just stay in that attic and wait for the sun to come up? The Vamps had already set fire to most of the town so they wouldn't have had anywhere to hide from the sunlight and would have all just died... hey presto, Oleson's friends would have been safe anyway and Oleson wouldn't have to die either.

Jurassic Park... Robert Muldoon, in the words of Hammond "Knows more about raptors than anyone"...

Yet he managed to get caught out by the "attack from the side" move that Grant mentioned at the start of the film.

i, Robot... when Sonny hides in the room filled with all those robots... they are all lined up perfectly into rows going up and down, and also left and right.

So why doesn't Will Smith simply walk along the side of the room looking for one that is out of alignment?

Highlander... McLeod and Kastagir are best mates by the look of it... or at least have a mutual respect for one another...

... so why don't they team up and take on the Kurgan together to ensure he doesn't bring around some sort of Apocalypse?

They could then live as immortals together if they're genuine friends and don't wish to kill each other.

Besides, the main "prize" is mortality with a super understanding of all sorts of things so they can benefit life on Earth... if they both stayed as immortals, they could spend an eternity learning stuff and becoming super smart anyway and use their combined knowledge that way instead.

Two upstanding immortals would be better than one mortal, surely.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Terminator. All of it. I love the movie, but if you really think about it, it makes NO sense. (Lots of Spoilers here...sorry)

Skynet sends the Terminator back in time to kill Sarah Connor, thus ensuring her son, who is the leader of the resistance, will not be born. John Connor then sends a soldier back in time to protect her. The soldier impregnates Sarah, thus ensuring John's birth. The Terminator fails in his mission and is destroyed, leaving his arm and processor chip for scientists to use as the basis for Skynet...

So before the terminator was sent back, neither John Connor nor Skynet could have ever existed. So there wouldn't be terminators in the first place, nor would there even be a John Connor, or at least not bad ass military genius John Connor...I think my head hurts now...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

While I think the 1999 remake of The Thomas Crown Affair is pretty good and entertaining - particularly the cat and mouse chemistry between Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo - there's a weak point at the end.

Crown steals a second painting from the Met, and judging by the security measures in place - locked gates, etc - the theft is seemingly impossible. Apparently, even in the DVD commentary, director John McTiernan claims he has no idea how Crown pulled off the second heist.

That's pretty lame.