Best Movie Plot Holes

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Iro you regard the creatures in I Am Legend as vampires?
Okay, I know they're not really vampires (at least not in the film they're not). Still, it sounds less ridiculous than calling them "dark-seekers" like they do in the film.

Hm. Speaking of Shawshank. Doesn't Andy hang the poster on one of the side walls? Wouldn't there be a neighbor cell?
As I recall, his cell's at the end of the row.

They're like an unholy hybrid of vampires, zombies and Spider-Man.

More plot-holes regarding I Am Legend, and I'm going to spoil it for you...

When the vampires (like I said, dark-seeker sounds stupid) break into his basement lab, Will hides the woman and child into a small compartment at the very back and tells them to "wait for dawn". Why does this matter since no sunlight will be able to get into the underground lab anyway, meaning the vampires can stay down there indefinitely and therefore can reach and kill the woman and kid easily. Also, Will's contingency plan for when the vampires manage to break into his home is very ill thought out. Hide in the basement (where there is no way out, which he really should've prepared for) and when cornered by a room full of vampires, his escape plan is...

...a single hand grenade that has been kept in a drawer full of medical equipment, which he uses to sacrifice himself by throwing himself at the vampires when it explodes. This doesn't make any difference to the woman and kid because since all the vampires know where they are, wiping out a dozen of them means nothing when the rest come along. So they couldn't have survived to find the people at the end.

As I said earlier, it's easier to believe the whole thing's a dream Will has as he dies at the hands of the vampires.

You want to post like me?
As I said earlier, it's easier to believe the whole thing's a dream Will has as he dies at the hands of the vampires.
It is. Kinda. At the end of the movie we see mother and child reach a safety zone. Will is dead at this point, 'in the dream' and in reality, if you see it that way. I find it kinda unrealistic that Will would dream his own death and then dream beyond it. The dream theory would be more realistic if that final scene wasn't in the movie and we didn't find out what happened to mother and child. Then Will would die in his dream and in reality 'simultaneously'.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
At least it's better then the alternate ending in which he lives and they drive over the bridge the magically reassembles itself after being blown to prior to the outbreak.

Suspect's Reviews

It is. Kinda. At the end of the movie we see mother and child reach a safety zone. Will is dead at this point, 'in the dream' and in reality, if you see it that way. I find it kinda unrealistic that Will would dream his own death and then dream beyond it. The dream theory would be more realistic if that final scene wasn't in the movie and we didn't find out what happened to mother and child. Then Will would die in his dream and in reality 'simultaneously'.
That part seems to be the greatest affirmation that it's a dream. Will's spent three years working on a cure for the vampires and has been constantly failing for three years. Right at the very end, he notices that it's having a slight effect on one of his test subjects and therefore comes to the conclusion that he's found a cure. This is what he's been hoping for all along and it makes sense for it to manifest in his dream. It makes even more sense for him to imagine the woman and kid make it out, get to safety and deliver the supposed cure to other survivors, because that's been his goal all along and he'd like to see it happen.

I don't think you should give I Am Legend that much thought - if something terrible happens to us , don't worry Will Smith will solve it.

If I Am Legend is any indication, I definitely want someone better than Will Smith solving the problem.
Keanu Reeves?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Tales from the crypt, 1972.

One of the stories involves one of the characters who dies as a result of a wish gone awry, he is then wished back to life after he was embalmed and left in a state in which he was unable to die, yet it is revealed that all of the characters are remembering past events and are on their way to Hell, which doesn't make sense because he would have been trapped in his body forever according to the wish.
That bothered me too. My best guess is after the initial horror of it all died down, they decided to chuck his body in a furnace and have him cremated and move on with their lives.

Why would anyone put any money into making any of the sub-par movies that are constantly released year in and year out?

Andy (in Shawshank) pinned the poster up. He had two pins holding the poster in place up the top - lifted the bottom up and escaped head first - and the poster naturally fell back against the wall. That's what I thought anyway.

One of my biggest problems with I Am Legend is - ok, he has had three years right - three years of day to day daylight to make is situation better right? Ummm, well personlly I would have moved all my crap up to Donald Trumps penthouse apartment stat - not like he had anything else to do! At least he would then not have to sleep in the bathtub every night - easier to protect yourself. I would then rig explosives every day to where they come out and kill all of those dark living bastards. Oh, and I would find every bit of every high class drug in the city and have myself some fun rather than shitting myself every night!

You raise a good point, although I would consider Neville the type of guy who wouldn't leave a house behind because it had sentimental value to him.

A system of cells interlinked
How about Gothika -

WARNING: "Gothika" spoilers below
The corrupt Sheriff/killer states at one point that he had set up some sort of ruse at the old cabin to "keep the heat off".... You know...the heat...as in HIMSELF, the sheriff. He set up a false front so that he wouldn't be alerted that he himself was killing people at the cabin...

There is also the part during which the hospital guard on duty inexplicably gives his car keys to the escaping inmate, you know, just to help her and stuff.

Man, I hated that movie...

I don't think you should give I Am Legend that much thought - if something terrible happens to us , don't worry Will Smith will solve it.
You raise a good point, although I would consider Neville the type of guy who wouldn't leave a house behind because it had sentimental value to him.
I did think of that - but the dude was scared shitless every single night - like having awful nightmares for three years - sorry, personally I would be relocating to a much safer place where you cannot hear the screams and moans every night of the dark dwelling 'The Descent rip off' creatures.

Terminator 3 - The Terminator checks for keys under the sun visor, this is something that John Connor taught him in Terminator 2, yet he specifically states that he is a new model and John Connor says that he has to teach him everything all over again. Continuity with other film more then a plot hole, but it can work both ways.
For that matter, why does the Terminator bother wearing sunglasses in the sequels? In the first film, the only reason he does it is to hide his exposed mechanical eye from people. However, in the second and third films, he just puts on a pair of sunglasses for the hell of it. It just doesn't make any sense, unless the resistance programmed those Terminators to look cooler.

The whole series is just full of plot-holes and self-contradictions, though...