The arrogance of everything everywhere all at once

Tools    

everything everywhere all at once is held together by paperclips than come off when wind blows too fast. Truly bad experience watching it. How the f is this a best picture nominee ? because its asian ? I dont get it....I am posting this to warn everyone so they dont have to waste their time. The movie a piece of crap.

You haven't made any substantive argument to support your claim. There's no reason for anyone to take the endless cycle of hot-take-followed-by-bailing-on-substantive-argument seriously.

And sorry, a bunch of us have already seen it and enjoyed it.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, like I don't think the film is perfect by any means but usually the negative reviews I see are more substantial than some half-baked metaphor about paperclips. No idea why you'd bring up the film being "Asian" either (which it's not, it's an American film where like four of the characters are Asian).

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I enjoyed it.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
everything everywhere all at once is held together by paperclips than come off when wind blows too fast. Truly bad experience watching it. How the f is this a best picture nominee ? because its asian ? I dont get it....I am posting this to warn everyone so they dont have to waste their time. The movie a piece of crap.
why do you hate hotdogs?
=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Did you see it???

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I haven't seen it but just looking at some individual scenes when rewinding it told me that it's gonna be a tough one to get through.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hey Red, how are you? It's been awhile.

Have not seen the film. Didn't know it existed.

The truth is in here
No idea why you'd bring up the film being "Asian" either (which it's not, it's an American film where like four of the characters are Asian).
And if it was it would still be one of a rare few. There's only been one Asian Best Picture winner, so don't understand what aronisred is getting at with there being some kind of "bias".

Even for an aronisred thread this is very lazy. He never really explained what he finds so "arrogant" about it.

I guess the logic is that the last few years all had one "Asian" Best Picture nominee a year (cf. Minari, Drive My Car), but that's still pretty flimsy.

I guess the logic is that the last few years all had one "Asian" Best Picture nominee a year (cf. Minari, Drive My Car), but that's still pretty flimsy.
'Minari' is an American film. And wasn't up for best picture I don't think.

I more or less hated 'Everything Everywhere all at once'. It gave my eyes repetitive strain injuries.

But I don't understand where the opening post is going with the Asian film thing. It's more likely to be the other way around to be honest, American made, A24 film (who are knocking it out of the park at the moment'). Big Oscar campaign behind it.

'Minari' is an American film. And wasn't up for best picture I don't think.
Which is why I put quotation marks around "Asian" because, like EEAAO, it is an American film where the primary characters are Asian as opposed to a film actually made in Asia (and it was up for Best Picture).

Which is why I put quotation marks around "Asian" because, like EEAAO, it is an American film where the primary characters are Asian as opposed to a film actually made in Asia (and it was up for Best Picture).
Confusing then. Maybe the opening poster is hinting at diversity and quotas in awards ceremonies. Hard to tell.