Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

Tools    

Who's worried about Hardy? I'm worried about me.
And you can sit your little buttcheeks in the theater playing his movie next door.

And you can sit your little buttcheeks in the theater playing his movie next door.
I still have every intention of watching the film. But a Mad Max movie without Max would have to surpass Fury Road in excitement in order to win me over. I don't see that happening. Especially not if that terrible comic you posted is any indication.

I still have every intention of watching the film. But a Mad Max movie without Max would have to surpass Fury Road in excitement in order to win me over. I don't see that happening. Especially not if that terrible comic you posted is any indication.
I agree with Cinema Snob: Anyone can play Max.

Max was flexed to the shallow extent of his character in Road Warrior and it was repeated even more weakly in Fury Road, he's hardly a critical component to making the concept work.

If it's a prequel then bring back Mel Gibson. Have the film set after Thunderdome. At the end, Gibson dies during child birth, and his last word is 'Max', the name of his son.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I realize jrs started a thread on this, but they appear to be long absent and new details seem to conflict with the topic somewhat.

SUPPOSEDLY, the projected sequel Mad Max: The Wasteland is intended to be a prequel to Fury Road and not include Max, but Furiosa played by Charlize Theron as the lead protagonist.

Mad Max Prequel Coming To Australia

I imagine the working title is tentative, I would not at all be surprised if it changed unless we're seriously just accepting the setting as "Mad Max World" or whatever, but if Furiosa is getting her own origin movie?

I say **** YEAH. She was easily the more interesting of the two in Fury Road and can you imagine a story that tells how she lost her arm and earned such a high rank in Immortan Joe's army?

Also, I ask you, do we have any truly rockin' lone female action movie protagonists, in this day and age, with any of the kind of popular backing a FURY ROAD SEQUEL would get?
I think we've already found a sort of middle ground for the title. I went through the thread and everybody who mentions the sequel is talking about it as a Fury Road sequel. Mad Max isn't mentiond, so skip it. Instead call it Fury Road: The Wasteland or Fury Road: Furiosa. Connect back to the movie, but do it in such a way as to promote Furiosa rather than Max

If they put Mad Max in the title and theres no Mad Max...well that just wouldnt be smart. The tv show Gotham did well without Batman, this could so work, but I hope its a good story they want to tell. Hope theyre not just making it just to make money. If theyre smart creatively they could come up with a string of franchises from the world/future Mad Max is from.

They should call it FURY WORLD.

Welcome to the human race...
Oh for Christ's sake! First Ghostbusters now Mad Max! It has Max in title because the protagonist is called Max, not Maxine or Maxi! I'm sick to death of this progressivist feminist ****! George Miller should resist it!

Seriously though, give it a rest. Miller's got no good reason to resist something that helped him make one of the best movies of the decade, and there's worse things happening to movies than letting women do stuff in them from time to time.

That being said, I'm not sure how well a Furiosa prequel would even work, especially when the aforementioned comic book prequel met criticism because of the poor job it did of fleshing out the characters' back-stories anyway (which also seems antithetical to Fury Road using stripped-back character development as a strength instead of a weakness). It would genuinely be more interesting to see an actual sequel about Furiosa - you don't even need to put "Mad Max" in the title to sell it. It's not like they marketed Creed as Rocky VII.

I'm not sure how well a Furiosa prequel would even work, especially when the aforementioned comic book prequel met criticism because of the poor job it did of fleshing out the characters' back-stories anyway (which also seems antithetical to Fury Road using stripped-back character development as a strength instead of a weakness). It would genuinely be more interesting to see an actual sequel about Furiosa - you don't even need to put "Mad Max" in the title to sell it. It's not like they marketed Creed as Rocky VII.
If the comic's as bad as it's made out to be I do hope they don't poison it with bad drama. GOOD drama I would be all over though, I'll accept a marked decrease in action if it means really fleshing out these characters in interesting ways.

But lets be real here, we all want to see a movie about this guy.

NO YOU DON'T.

Originally Posted by Mad Max Wikia
He was a child musical prodigy brought up in a happy environment by his mother, who was a musician herself. Then Coma and his mother were attacked. His mother was dragged away and days later someone dropped her head in Coma's lap. Immortan Joe found Coma clinging to the head of his mother. Joe took him in. There are two different stories about the origin of his mask. The first story notes that Coma made a mask from his mother's face, which he sliced from her skull himself. The second story differs, claiming that Immortan Joe made the mask for him, a battle singer, to "Enact Joe's revenge on the world with his mother's screaming face on."

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Coma-Doof_Warrior

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Originally Posted by Mad Max Wikia
He was a child musical prodigy brought up in a happy environment by his mother, who was a musician herself. Then Coma and his mother were attacked. His mother was dragged away and days later someone dropped her head in Coma's lap. Immortan Joe found Coma clinging to the head of his mother. Joe took him in. There are two different stories about the origin of his mask. The first story notes that Coma made a mask from his mother's face, which he sliced from her skull himself. The second story differs, claiming that Immortan Joe made the mask for him, a battle singer, to "Enact Joe's revenge on the world with his mother's screaming face on."

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Coma-Doof_Warrior
[/quote]

And you think this changes my mind how exactly? Cause that still sounds awesome.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, but how much of a movie can that little bit of back-story really take up? Five minutes tops? Hardly seems worth it for something that never truly needed to be explained.