Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I don't get why people think Han Solo has an origin story that needs to be told. The origin story was A New Hope.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well, it was told. And it's currently available on NF for review. It may answer your concern.

I had no interest in it, but found it more in line with my expectations of Star Wars stories than most of the last few chapters. For whatever that may be worth to you

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Came very close to buying Solo with my £20 HMV Xmas voucher (2 for £20), thankfully came to my senses after about 5 seconds. I justified it that technically I wouldn't be spending the money.

Came very close to buying Solo with my £20 HMV Xmas voucher (2 for £20), thankfully came to my senses after about 5 seconds. I justified it that technically I wouldn't be spending the money.

You might want to spend any HMV vouchers asap... they're going into liquidation again.
HMV by me has nothing on the shelves apart from what's left of the last stock check.

I love the smell of movies in the morning
yeah, while I thought the film was fun and enjoyable, I was never super excited to see it and agree there was not a huge storytelling reason to do a Solo prequel. If there was a stronger, unique creative voice behind the whole film it might have felt more justified. But I also agree with their choice to not go with the millers version of the film as i dont think their approach meshes well with the star wars universe.

Finally caught up with this **** on a plane. Watched 30 minutes or less and simply watched something else. Complete embarrassment, everything was grey and dull, plot was old and tired, oh no he owes money to some syndicate, that my Han, yawn!

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody was excellent. Jurassic Park (newest one), was god awful. Wached Warrior too but seen before.

The Bill Murray doc about all the weird instances of him showing up places and doing weird stuff, Bill Murray is a legend!

On way back RBG doc about the supreme Court judge, half the studio 54 doc, Predator and half the new one. Slept a bit flight home was shorter.

I would be hard pressed to pick the worst out of Jurassic, Predator and Solo.

You continue to amuse.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, well, I think it's funny to complain about Solo being old and tired before referrng to a film that features every musician-biopic cliché in the book as "excellent".

We just need to make Solo 2 happen, we personally think it warrants a sequel, we covered it on a recent podcast we host.
Solo was such a wonderful experience that somehow was able to make it through the production hell it endured!

We?

Welcome to the human race...
Guessing "we" refers to the co-hosts of the podcast referenced in the post.

In any case, considering that we didn't even need Solo in the first place, a sequel seems even less necessary. At least Solo had the hook of being an origin story, but to just have a sequel be another smuggling adventure with even less purpose to it does not sound appealing (and just because Solo made it through "production hell" doesn't mean it ended up being good, much less good enough to deserve a sequel).