MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Yeah I'm pretty sure a bunch of people have had higher. I remember Vick going insane once for like 6 TDs, two of them rushing.

I saw on Twitter that Jerry Rice once went for 225 and five TDs, which is the best day ever by a WR. Back in 1990.

Let the night air cool you off
That Jerry Rice game would have been a 59 point game in our league. Gale Sayers' 6 touchdown game would have been a 57.2 point game in our league.

You think that Rice game would have set the non-QB record in our league? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would top it.

And a correction when I said Peyton had a 70-burger, it was only a 60 burger.

The trick is not minding
So what’s the highest point total in a single game for this league?
Does Yoda have a chance to break it? Anyone ever score more then 200 in the league before?

Spaulding knows what hes doing. I started Brian Hill because he was the starting RB today for the Falcons replacing Gurley. Of course it wasn't that simple because Ito Smith ended up running away (no pun intended) with the gig before the game was done. I go to the waivers thinking I'm gonna do a unbeknownst switcheroo for this week, and the Clown not only beat me to the punch, but started Ito this week. Oh I'm so happy for you Captain! )

So what’s the highest point total in a single game for this league?
Does Yoda have a chance to break it? Anyone ever score more then 200 in the league before?
Nah, I have no chance. As for the record: there's a slight quirk there:

In one sense the all-time record is held by Powdered Water, who had 216.40, which is noteworthy enough, except he got it against me in a week when I scored over 149. That was a tough loss, lemme tell ya'. Here it is on the site:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...&mid1=1&mid2=7

In the fairest sense, the record is held by TONGO, because PW's 216.40 came during the one season we used full PPR instead of half PPR. TONGO scored 196.86 in Week 4 of 2018, but if you adjusted his receptions to full PPR he would've barely nabbed the record with 216.86. And that was with his flex putting up a zero! Here it is on the league site:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...mid1=10&mid2=9

Notice Adam had almost 140 himself. So the two biggest scores in league history both came against people who put up a total that almost always wins. Weird, eh?

We've been half-PPR ever since but when I see a record that came during that 2009 season I usually remember to calculate the difference just to be safe.

Kinda seems criminal what happened to the Broncos today. Bet a few savvy gamblers made a tidy sum today.

Let the night air cool you off
I went through my history in the league and did a little breakdown of my record when I score certain amounts. I included playoff games, but excluded any kind of consolation games, because I historically don't try to win consolation games.

60-69 points scored: 0-2 (Lowest points I've ever scored is 65.58 in 2018)
70-79 points scored: 0-3
80-89 points scored: 1-11 (Lowest points scored in a victory is 89.48 in 2013)
90-99 points scored: 5-10
100-109 points scored: 9-6 (Scored 109.04 in a championship victory in 2013)
110-119 points scored: 9-11
120-129 points scored: 4-2 (Highest points scored in a loss is 126.60 this season)
130-139 points scored: 9-0
140-149 points scored: 7-0
150-159 points scored: 2-0
160-169 points scored: 2-0 (Highest points I've ever scored is 167.70 in the 2013 playoffs)

Interesting that I have a winning record when I score between 100 and 109, but a losing record when I score between 110 and 119.

Its looking grim for the Tongster. Unless the Ravens somehow pull off the worst defensive performance in their franchise history against Pittsburgh Tuesday, I'll be losing to Adam. Next week me and Powdered Wilson will most likely be playing each other for a playoff spot. Guess who I have Out on a Bye week next week? Brady & Godwin. Oh boy.

Ezekiel Elliott and Brian Hill killed me. Who knew the ankle injury Dak Prescott suffered would degenerate my first round pick to handcuff level numbers. I mean you expect a dip, but not deep sea diving.

I hear your complaints and say up yours. You have it easy.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

For some reason I thought the Pittsburgh game was going on next week stats. Oh well, it doesn't really make a difference. At least I didn't change my defense out.

Good news is its a great year for thee Steelers, if they can just avoid the playoff blues.

I was stressing over my RB situation all weekend, adding and dropping seemingly every available RB who might get a handful of touches, trying to decide who to play with all my other guys injured or on the COVID list. Latavius Murray and Ito Smith responded with a combined 40.6 points. Instead it was Kyler Murray who doomed me this week with only 7.9 points. His previous low came the week prior with 24.26. He hasn't been the same QB since injuring his shoulder.

Kickers and defenses have always been the bane of my fantasy existence. Last week the Cleveland defense scored 20 points (on my bench, no less). This week they somehow get ZERO points against Mike freakin' Glennon and the lowly Jags. Meanwhile, my kicker scored a measly 2 points. So often when looking at my match-ups, I'm like, how am I losing . . . only to scroll down and see the major points disadvantage I suffered at kicker/defense. Then it all makes sense.

@jiraffejustin seems to be the exact opposite. He's currently projected for 120 points, but I'm like how is that even possible when Jacobs had 3.9, Aikins 0.4 and Slayton a big fat zero. But oh wait, his kicker scored 21 points and his defense added 16 points. No wonder. Maybe you should start a weekly fantasy football column dedicated solely to kickers and defenses. I'd certainly subscribe to it.

I'm not waving the white flag yet, but it's extremely unlikely I get the win tonight. Down by 12.38. I've got Goedert and @Fabulous has Lockett. Looking at Lockett's past totals, he's scored single digits multiple times this year (although he's also had some monster totals as well). Hopefully tonight is another single-digit game and Goedert can score 20+. Crazier things have happened. Every point looms large at this point, even in a loss, so I need Goedert to ball his ass off tonight.

Its looking grim for the Tongster. Unless the Ravens somehow pull off the worst defensive performance in their franchise history against Pittsburgh Tuesday, I'll be losing to Adam. Next week me and Powdered Wilson will most likely be playing each other for a playoff spot. Guess who I have Out on a Bye week next week? Brady & Godwin. Oh boy.

Ezekiel Elliott and Brian Hill killed me. Who knew the ankle injury Dak Prescott suffered would degenerate my first round pick to handcuff level numbers. I mean you expect a dip, but not deep sea diving.
I was really counting on a win from you this weekend. My clearest, most realistic path to a playoff berth included you beating Adam this week and Yoda beating him next week. I've got Adam beat on points scored this year, so as long as I won one of these last two games, I'd leapfrog him in the standings.

It was extremely aggravating to see Montgomery rack up garbage-time stats last night, then cap it off with a TD. Even if you just had a one-point lead on him, you would've gotten the win if tomorrow's game is canceled. I guess now we have to hope that Adam leaves the Ravens in his line-up and the Steelers blow them out. If the Steelers score 35+ and the Ravens don't get any TOs or sacks, you'd pull off an insane victory. It seems that COVID has decimated the offensive side of the ball for the Ravens more than their defense, though, so we're probably foolish to even get our hopes up.

Yeah, the COVID stuff has turned individual games into even more of a crapshoot. Everyone on the Broncos went to unplayable literally in one moment, since the news about the QBs broke all at once and it was obvious they'd have no way to compensate for it.

I guess we're lucky we got this far into the season without something like this. Hopefully this is the worst of it.