Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Blade Trinity (2004)
1/10, Ryan Reynolds kept trying to play himself/Deadpool in the film and felt out of place, Wesley Snipes was not great and did not do the fight choreography, they killed Kris Kristofferson off too early, David S. Goyer messed the whole film up and wasn't restrained like the first 2 (the 1 is only because the opening chase scene is pretty cool up to the decoy part, which doesn't make sense because he has killed quite a few familiars).

Snooze factor = Z

Snooze factor = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Watched it 1.5 times yesterday it was that good. That and I wasn't really paying attention when it started (bad idea) and when it ended I knew I had missed something important so I started watching it again until I felt up to speed. I did indeed miss something - the entire reason for the movie. Oates (Sgt. Hulka in Stripes) is fantastic and watching a young Jack as a bad dude is always fun.

My re-watches on this one are well into double digits so a lot of the scares have worn off, but this movie is so well made there's still so much about the film that fascinates me and still love to discuss. This movie put a lot of people on the map, especially Brian DePalma whose direction is just masterful...I love the way he allows this story to unfold so slowly, but there are little things that nag at me every time I watch...I will never understand why Tommy (William Katt) and Miss Collins (Betty Buckley) had to die. I have always been a little fuzzy regarding Sue's motives for having Tommy take Carrie to the prom...were they pure? Did she know that Chris (Nancy Allen) was planning something? Speaking of which, I can't believe I left Chris Harginson off my favorite villains list...the lengths that this girl goes to in order to gain revenge on Carrie are unspeakable...this character is pure evil. I also love the underlying sadness to the story evidenced by something very real and very special that happens between Tommy and Carrie when they're sitting at that table at the prom, made even sadder when you know what's going to happen. I also loved the lengths that Tommy goes to in order to get Carrie to say yes. Katt's performance in this film is severely underrated. Sissy Spacek is a revelation in the title role that deservedly made her a star and every move Piper Laurie made in this movie as Margaret White sent a chill down my spine. Most horror movies don't have a lot of re-watch appeal, but the re-watch appeal of this film is limitless.

Blade Trinity (2004)
1/10, Ryan Reynolds kept trying to play himself/Deadpool in the film.
Deadpool was after Blade so he played Deadpool as
Hannibal King/himself and every character between Blade and Deadpool.

Both excellent.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Deadpool was after Blade so he played Deadpool as
Hannibal King/himself and every character between Blade and Deadpool.
True, but he has been trying to make Deadpool since 2002.

Pollock (2000)

Biographical film about the "action" painter Jackson Pollock. Ed Harris is mesmerising as the self-destructive artist. Ably helped by his supporting cast it paints a picture of a neurotic, unhappy and unfulfilled man who had a problem with not just the art world but the world in general. Great, informative viewing.

Ralph Breaks The Internet - 2018

I really sort of enjoyed the first one. Saw it was on Netflix so I checked it out. It was ok at best. Some things work somethings didn't. First off it felt like a big commercial for everything. Cut it some.slack because it's a movie about the internet I suppose. But the main story is about Ralph being to clingy to the girl from the first movie. I just think focusing the movie on these two while the main conflict was Ralph was too clingy just creeped me out too much. I know it doesn't mean to but it just gives off a pedophile vibe the whole time. I think that's my main issue with the film. Their relationship creeps me out, makes the rest sort of not work to me.

Another thing that bothered me is all the Disney princesses with their feminist schtick. THIS IS RUINING MOVIES/ENTERTAINMENT. Stop slapping me in the face with this obvious feminist propaganda scenes/whole movies. The princesses scenes are just shameless feminist scenes. Batman, James Bond, Iron Man are cool heros because they show us. Just show us you are a badass charcter instead of telling us sarcastically twice "A big strong man needs saved". It makes me cringe. Think Batman would go "Look a beautiful blonde needs saved" before he did it? He just does it. Anyways.

Just wasn't up to par of the first. Being in the internet gag can just go so far.

2 out of 5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Atlantis (August Blom, 1913)

A good thing it wasn't let sink without trace

Unregistered User

Factotum (2005) Solid adaptation of Bukowski novel with Matt Dillon a great choice to play character Henry Chinaski. If you know anything about Bukowski then you'll know what you are getting yourself into. Not as harsh as Schroeder's Barfly but still contains a level of grittiness. Lili Taylor and Marisa Tomei both strong additions.

I thought Schroeder's Barfly was wonderfully poetic and romanticized. If you are going for grit, I think you need to watch Ferreri’s Tales of Ordinary Madness.

It can be both.

But thanks for the recommendation. Never heard of it but sounds like something I'll like, especially with Gazzara.

Unregistered User

The Wanderers (1979)

A brilliant coming of age/gang film from Kauffman with an outstanding soundtrack. Has so much to offer in sex, violence, comedy, tragedy, all set against a backdrop of the Bronx in the 1960s. Almost feels like The Warriors and American Graffiti mixed together, without the cars.

Highly recommended.