Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

After complaining about the cable bill, Optimum gave us Showtime as an appeasement...
I checked out their On Demand menu, and I like to look at sci-fi first.

I selected a movie I'd never seen before called Jurassic Galaxy - I had no raised expectations, but since it was made in 2018, I figured it might just have some special effects eye-candy (after all the effects from Jurassic Park were and still are pretty awesome, and that was made in 1993.)

I almost NEVER turn movies off without watching to the end (unless I'm called away for some important reason), but I turned this one off with no intention to return to it.

It had the feel of a college film project. No actual story to speak of, awful characters, bad acting, stupid cliches... but what really got me was 2018 CGI dinosaurs looked very much like something I remembered... not from Jurassic Park in 1993, but slightly earlier when my old roommate just began playing with 3D computer graphics in the early 90's - his first amateur project was a little Godzilla animation that was pretty awful to look at, but for him it was just practice to try to learn how to work the software... the CGI in Jurassic Galaxy looked just like that!

This is one that is not "so bad it's good" but just is bad.

Lasted 10 minutes. Execrable. Has Anna Kendrick ever made a decent movie? She looks exactly the same in every movie. Her latest movie - Noelle - has her playing Santas’s daughter.

The trick is not minding
White Bim, Black Ear
3 hour Russian film about a man and his bond with his dog. I was beyond bored. I had about 40 mins to go and couldn’t continue.
It doesn’t help that they provide voice over in English, including, and I’m not kidding here, for the dog when it whimpers or barks. I swear they used a person to simulate the dog.
Good grief.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4CA47C3-4058-48BC-9335-2065029D3CA3.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	58193  

Cherry Tree (2015)

Apparently a horror film with witches and stuff. Terrible acting and writing from the start. It also looked incredibly ugly. I didn't want to piss off myself and turned it off after about 20 minutes.

Mariel Hemingway very good, but Eric Roberts so icky. Yes, his character was meant to be icky, but combined with Eric’s own ickiness, it was all too much.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Killing Hasselhoff (2017)

Hubby wanted to watch this because he thought it would be one of those movies that are so stupid that they're funny, but this movie was just bad. It was so bad that we turned it off about 15 minutes into the movie.

Haha I didn't think Us was a great movie, but I'm curious on what drove you to not finish it?

Tried watching The Irishman...

Compared to the energy between De Niro and Pesci from Raging Bull, also by Scorsese, The Irishman was pathetic. The acting sucked, and I quickly became irritated with De Niro constantly making this pouting face:

Welcome to the human race...
Haha I didn't think Us was a great movie, but I'm curious on what drove you to not finish it?
My guess would be "being Stirchley".