What are your Top 5 Denzel washington Movies?

Tools    

Not Enough Time
Haven't seen Malcolm X but that would probably be my number one because I heard he was amazing in that movie and it as an amazing movie anyway, also Glory maybe. buuuut in no particular order:

Remember the Titans, Flight, Hurricane, Man on Fire, The Bone Collector

Also, gotta say I think Training Day in general along with his performance is overrated. But I just didn't like the movie.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

5- Training Day
4 -Mo Better Blues
3- Deja Vu
2- Malcolm X
1- Inside Man

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I can't see how you can enjoy acting and not have Denzel as a favorite based on his resume

Malcolm X
Glory
Hurricane
Man On Fire
John Q

Plus
Pelican Brief
Antwon Fischer
Mo Betta Blues

There's no shame in picking PHILADELPHIA as one of your favorite Denzel films, he's superb in it. I've heard Tom Hanks say in interviews that he was constantly stealing acting techniques from Denzel during filming.

1. Training Day
2. The Bone Collector
3. Remember the Titans
4. Man on Fire
5. The Pelican Brief

1.) Inside Man
2.) Remember The Titans
3.) Training Day
4.) Glory
5.) Philadelphia

I enjoy Denzel his movies just tend not to appeal to me however. I haven't seen as many as I probably should have seen. The thing that bothers me about Denzel is he seems to pick the movies he does based on the movie if that makes sense. What he should be doing next or what's safe for his career, I mean who can blame him he rakes it in.

I wish he would challenge himself a bit more. He doesn't venture out and work with a Tarentino or Coen Bros or a Nolan. He stays in his lane. As an example JGL or Dicaprio I feel like pick their work based on director and who they want to work with, instead of what's safe for their career (not to say it doesn't go into their decision making at all). Just me thou.

Also I'd like to see Washington try a comedy.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Not-sure about top 5, sorry. But I know most under-rated movie is definitely Crimson Tide..fantastic mid-90s thriller with brilliant lead performances.

I think Training day is one of his best performances but its a film defined by that performance really, didn't think much of the rest of the movie to be honest.

I enjoy Denzel his movies just tend not to appeal to me however. I haven't seen as many as I probably should have seen. The thing that bothers me about Denzel is he seems to pick the movies he does based on the movie if that makes sense. What he should be doing next or what's safe for his career, I mean who can blame him he rakes it in.

I wish he would challenge himself a bit more. He doesn't venture out and work with a Tarentino or Coen Bros or a Nolan. He stays in his lane. As an example JGL or Dicaprio I feel like pick their work based on director and who they want to work with, instead of what's safe for their career (not to say it doesn't go into their decision making at all). Just me thou.

Also I'd like to see Washington try a comedy.
Totally agree with this. Apart from the comedy thing. I don't think I've ever watched him in a movie and thought

"My god that was a good movie"

or

"My god that was a great performance from Denzel"

Overated.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Totally agree with this. Apart from the comedy thing. I don't think I've ever watched him in a movie and thought

"My god that was a good movie"

or

"My god that was a great performance from Denzel"

Overated.
You are overrated.

Glory lies prob at the top for me. Need to rewatch Remember the Titans. Love American Gangster. Need to rewatch Crimson Tide. I really enjoyed Bone Collector, but it's kind of unsettling for a rewatch.
Might need to rewatch Training Day as well.

Well Denzel Washington is one of my favorite actors, so I thought I would ask this.

Mine

1. Training Day
2. John Q
3. Remember The Titans
4. The Book of Eli
5. Deja Vu
He is one of my two favourite actors, the other being Chow Yun-Fat.
My top 5 of his at present are...

1. Training Day.
2. Fences.
3. Remember the Titans.
4. Fallen.
5. Man on Fire.

I have roughly 30 dvd's from Denzel's filmography and am yet to watch all of them so the list will probably change.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I haven't seen all of his but from what I have seen, here's mine.

1. Malcolm X
2. Glory
3. Flight
4. American Gangster
5. The Hurricane

1) Crimson Tide
2) Courage Under Fire
3) Fallen
4) Devil in A Blue Dress
5) He Got Game
That was 2012 but I've seen a few since and will update it to this-

1. Crimson Tide
2. Remember the Titans
3. American Gangster
4. Flight
5. Glory

Still haven't seen Philadelphia or Malcolm X.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
You really should watch Malcolm X, it's a masterpiece in my opinion.