Time Travel NEW Theory

Tools    

I am doing a thesis project for film school, and I am hoping to do something which studies the nature of time travel... after a few years of thought on the subject I have come up with some rules which will more closely govern time travel and doesn't involve any tangent universe.

1) You can not travel into the future.

Reason being it doesn't exist yet. There is such thing as the past which are basically memories, and the present is constant. But if you travel back in time, and stay in the past for 12 days... you are then able to travel 12 days into the future from the Origin Point (The point in time you instigated a Time Leap). Time doesn't stop for you.

2) The Earth Rotates Around The Sun and is Always Moving.

If you instigate a Time Leap six months into the past, by that time the earth is basically going to be on the other side of the sun, where as you will come out at the exact same point in space... right into deep space. So make sure your time travel devise is a space ship as well. This does make Time Travel difficult.

3) You Must Condition Yourself, Your Mind for Time Travel.

If you go back in time, and do something which will effect anything which will hinder your time travel experience, E.G. the Grandfather Paradox... going back in time and killing your pop, therefore you cease to exist and new to travel back in time at all. If that happens then the Time Weaves will snap back in place to the ORIGIN POINT as if you never travel back in time (It will actually seem like you time machine don't work, by pushing the button and nothing happens). When this happens you should try condition your mentality in a way which will ensure you don't change past history. E.G. If you travel back in time 20 seconds... (Into the next room: Rule 2) and you see yourself then you might not even push the button. SNAP. Time falls back into place. But if you predict it, and push the button anyway upon seeing yourself, then you should instigate a successful Time Leap, of course then you will have to walk into the next room to see yourself push the button...

All these rules make Time Travel seem very complicated and delicate... believe me, I've tried and I'm still here. It is a very delicate process.

Any questions...

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
that was an interesting read. i don't really have any thoughts on the subject (at the moment...i am half asleep) but hopefully someone around here will jump on this subject and then at least i'll get a good read. cool post

Originally Posted by Yoda
Just how much paint do you drink in a typical day?
Why do you ask?

I wipe my ass with your feelings
believe me, I've tried and I'm still here
I see. Well if you do end up going back into time, make sure you go ahead and stop the moment(s) where your pop dropped you on your head.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

No, you see, by stopping my father from dropping me on my head would dramatically change the course of history, and I probably won't go back in time, therefore it just won't work.

Welcome to the human race...
Still, I never thought about the idea of the planet moving. I did learn something from this guy.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Iroquois
Still, I never thought about the idea of the planet moving. I did learn something from this guy.
yeah me neither.......um I don't know what he's asking either....do I agree? well kind of but I never really thought too much about it. Making movies about time travel usually annoy me a lot (Back to the future being the exception) because there are usually heaps of loop holes in the plot. It takes a lot of thinking like you said to get a movie to a point that people will take it seriously and care about the story, cause if the whole time travel aspect isn't believable (to some degree) then the audience won't care about the characters, plot, nothing

I sent myself an email dated for yesterday, I got it today, is this time travel?

How exactly does Jean Claude Van Damme fit into all of this?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
drink + we can olyu trave; into the future/....why, cause we have;t met anyone from the future. Hence we cannot trabrl to the past.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by Ladies Man
2) The Earth Rotates Around The Sun and is Always Moving.

If you instigate a Time Leap six months into the past, by that time the earth is basically going to be on the other side of the sun, where as you will come out at the exact same point in space... right into deep space. So make sure your time travel devise is a space ship as well. This does make Time Travel difficult.
Yeah, so you just make a perfect mathematical calculation on when the Earth will be in that exact same position to when you first make that leap and it shouldnt be a problem. You just cant jump at will but perhaps years apart. I'll begin the math right now. Sombody else can build the machine and we arm wrestle to see who goes first.

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
drink + we can olyu trave; into the future/....why, cause we have;t met anyone from the future. Hence we cannot trabrl to the past.

I fell ya...my sf'odigj'iaodn

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Actually, people from the future could walk the earth amongst us, but if they told anybody who they are and how, obviously it would cause a Paradox, inventing time travel earlier than first intended, resulting in the future men not travelling back in time themselves when they did, and time snapping back in place... as per rule 3!

Originally Posted by Iroquois

This topic was covered already by John Titor in his explorations of time. He states that his time machine had a gravity sensor that allowed it to move back in time and only attached itself to an object with the same gravitational force as the Earth's..Since the earth is the only planet in the entire solar system with 9.81 m/s^2 gravoty force, its a surefire plan.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
you base your theory that you cant travel into the future because it doesnt exist by denying the possibility that all time is pre decided. Imagine a visible timeline and we're somewhere in the middle of it. All of our past decisions are visible on the timeline. Look forward along the line and what if our future decisions are written there. That would open the possibility of travelling into the future.

But I think you have interesting theories.

Ground Control To Major Thom
I find the whole idea of time travel fascinating... even though I have only had films to inspire me and to get me thinking. Your idea that the Earth is always moving and moving six months back in time will leave you on the opposite side of the sun to where the earth now is is a very interesting point.

I hope to come back for this tomorrow, I will soon be going to bed. Ignore these naysayers, fools that they are