Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

They wanted to cover her naughty bits I suppose
LOL. Naughty bits? Are we in the ‘fifties here?

Account terminated on request
LOL. Naughty bits? Are we in the ‘fifties here?
It was the goofiest term for it I could think of at the time.

They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Holy crap! That's a lot more than I thought. So that'll turn into........what? With good behavior 8 yrs or so?

The only thing that makes me uneasy about this is that regardless of how guilty he was, he was convicted largely on a lot of claims outside of this particular trial that might be influencing the outcome. Similar to what happened to OJ: Guilty as sin, but still over sentenced for his latest crime.

Now please parse these words carefully, because if you read it too fast, you'll get the wrong impression:

There's a certain "guilty by default" that I'm becoming more and more alarmed about. All men know women that have "sexual regret" about some situation in their past. And all men know women that are liars---I myself even know 2 diagnosed schizophrenics personally. It's when the two groups statistically intersect that worries me in a culture where women are believed in a defacto fashion.

Particularly when sexual regret can so easily be reframed as coercion. And coercion can so easily be reframed as assault. (Etc.)

There's a certain "guilty by default" that I'm becoming more and more alarmed about. All men know women that have "sexual regret" about some situation in their past. And all men know women that are liars---I myself even know 2 diagnosed schizophrenics personally. It's when the two groups statistically intersect that worries me in a culture where women are believed in a defacto fashion.
Tell that to Natalie Wood and her family.

Anyway this is probably not the correct thread for that discussion.

You completely misread what I wrote if you think I'm somehow indicting Natalie Wood.

And this thread is about Harvey Weinstein fired & now convicted & sentenced.

You're right. So it should probably get back on track.
Talking about Weinstein convicted leads to how such convictions and sentences come about which leads to external influences on such convictions and sentences.

You, and anyone else who does, think that this is "offtrack" simply don't like the statement.

I knew there was going to be some knee-jerk reaction out there masquerading as a high-road attempt to save a thread.....always happens.

Talking about Weinstein convicted leads to how such convictions and sentences come about which leads to external influences on such convictions and sentences.

You, and anyone else who does, think that this is "offtrack" simply don't like the statement.

I knew there was going to be some knee-jerk reaction out there masquerading as a high-road attempt to save a thread.....always happens.
Nah, I'm not having that.

Mentioning phrases like "guilty by default", "schizophrenic women" and "culture where women are believed in a defacto fashion." 10 minutes after Weinstein has been sentenced is always going to be crass and incendiary I'm afraid.

He doesn’t even deserve prison. It’s an industry without a tiny bit of talent and a lot of people trying to make it, this guy had a method of elimination based on how low a woman would reach for the spotlight. Give him a statue, not jail.

Your correct...this is not the correct thread for discussing that. You want: crazy conspiracy theories for $200...Oh wait that was a Jeopardy category the other night

He doesn’t even deserve prison. It’s an industry without a tiny bit of talent and a lot of people trying to make it, this guy had a method of elimination based on how low a woman would reach for the spotlight. Give him a statue, not jail.
This is incoherent. He's not being prosecuted for taking advantage of women sleeping with him to get parts (though it seems like that happened). He's being prosecuted for raping or sexually assaulting the ones that didn't.

I'm not sure why I'm responding substantively, though, as your posts increasingly read like nothing more than thoughtless attempts to provoke a reaction.

Nah, I'm not having that.

Mentioning phrases like "guilty by default", "schizophrenic women" and "culture where women are believed in a defacto fashion." 10 minutes after Weinstein has been sentenced is always going to be crass and incendiary I'm afraid.
Only if you're critical thinking skills are crap. I was talking about a trend, AND I was very clear about a statistical intersection.

You're just reading what you want to read out of my post.

Try reading it again, and this time, PAY ATTENTION.

Gonna have to ask everyone to take it down a notch. As you both agreed, not quite the thread for it, anyway. And a naturally tense subject, so fair game there at least.

We can all (well, most...) unite around Weinstein being a terrible person who's finally getting what he deserves, at least, in this thread.

We can all (well, most...) unite around Weinstein being a terrible person who's finally getting what he deserves, at least, in this thread.
Absolutely!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Holy crap! That's a lot more than I thought. So that'll turn into........what? With good behavior 8 yrs or so?
I wouldn't know. I'm not familiar with the New York penal system. He still has the charges in California to deal with.