Kick-Ass 2 (2013) -

The Levelling (2016) -

Also finished....

The Mandalorian (2019) -
+
Watchmen (2019) -

Patriot (2015) -
- cant recommend this highly enough

Didn't think it was a masterpiece or even in Scorsese's top 5 but it's good.

Not as good as part 1. A little slower but the ending is good.

LITTLE WOMEN
(2019)

Not my cup of tea. I commend myself for sitting through it all.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Marriage Story: 7/10
The Two Popes: 9/10
Kingpin: 4/10.

The Master (2012)

Thought I had posted this previously but never mind. Always liked Paul Thomas Andersons stuff and this was no exception. Bit of an L Ron Hubbard story-line going on but somehow a bit more "mystical". I enjoyed this loads and Phoenix blew me away as he has many times now. The period effect is brilliantly done and Philip Seymour Hoffman was a great choice for the character of Dodd. Enjoyed this very much.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Color Out of Space (Richard Stanley 2019)
+ 6/10

All-out cult film is pretty good by all involved [including Nic Cage] but maybe goes overboard.

Oh mark. I'm envious. The local theater is doing one showing of Color Out of Space, but it is on a random ass Wednesday night...

The Quick and the Dead (1995)

I feel like this is a western for people who aren't big fans of westerns. Sharon Stone is the star, and she basically plays a hot girl whose period won't pass. Her performance was nothing special. Fortunately, Gene Hackman also has a large role, and apparently he can't be anything less than excellent. It's always great to see him in a role that you haven't seen, and it's mostly him that makes the movie entertaining. Russell Crowe was pretty good as usual. A young Leo DiCaprio looks like a high school girl going through an experimental phase but he ends up being ok too. There are many other familiar faces. It won't contend for my westerns list but I enjoyed it.

Brilliant movie, but here in the States only a bowdlerized version is available now. Some idiot decided that we can’t view the original cut. So disappointing as I well remember now good it was.
The only version I've ever seen is the NC-17, and that's also what Netflix has. I believe Blockbuster had the R version.

Patriot (2015) -
- cant recommend this highly enough
Who is in this? Can’t find it anywhere.

This movie is SO good. Huge fan of Miles Teller & he killed in his rôle. One of those actors who puts 200% of himself into a movie.

Samurai Marathon (2019)

A bit quirky samurai film that doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. There's lots of campy comedy, some drama, some (poorly choreographed) swordplay and some level of a historical epic. It's really quite a mess. Lots of beautiful scenery though and the marathon concept is kind of positively different take on samurais. I don't know if it's the script or the editing but the plot (and some of the characters too) moves on a rather erratic pace. Kind of OK still.

The Manson Family (1997)

An exploitation mockumentary look at a story that I've never been able to get enough of. It's not as good as the director's Deadbeat By Dawn, but it's sick and crazy if that's what you're looking for. That's what I was looking for.

The Peanut Butter Falcon 2019 Directed by Tyler Nilson, Michael Schwartz

Cool, well made little adventure /drama /comedy movie. Touching in a Rain Man '88 kind of way. Starring Zack Gottsagen, Shia LaBeouf and the beautiful Dakota Johnson.

St. Elmo’s Fire 1985 Directed by Joel Schumacher

Not on The Breakfast Club level but still essential and classic eighties teen flick.
'85; Demi Moore, Andie MacDowell and Ally Sheedy

Welcome to the human race...
What Did Jack Do? -

hey y'all notice that David Lynch put a short film where he interrogates a monkey on Netflix