Going Electric (Bob Dylan biopic)

Tools    

Timothee Chalamet will play Bob Dylan in the upcoming biopic of the folk rock legend titled Going Electric that will be directed by James Mangold.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...ld-1203458755/
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Yikes, this I gotta see.

This has serious potential. Brilliant news!
I can see this nabbing a whole bunch of Oscar nominations next year. Best Picture. Chalamet for Best Actor. Mangold for Best Director.

Unregistered User
I can see this nabbing a whole bunch of Oscar nominations next year. Best Picture. Chalamet for Best Actor. Mangold for Best Director.

I hope you're right. I'm actually so excited that I wish I hadn't known about it.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm guessing it's going to end up being waaay more conventional than I'm Not There, which might be a problem. Mangold tends to turn out consistently competent work, but I don't get the impression this is going to blow me away or anything.

It’s gonna be very challenging for Chalamet to portray an American icon. Especially an icon who’s still living. It would be like portraying McCartney.

It’s gonna be very challenging for Chalamet to portray an American icon. Especially an icon who’s still living. It would be like portraying McCartney.
I'm sure Chalamet will be spending a lot of time with Dylan to study the man. I think he's a good choice to play him.

⬆️ LOL. You seriously think that reclusive Mr. Dylan is going to let Chalamet anywhere near him?

⬆️ The book, definitely. I’ll bet anything he has zero interest in the new movie version.

I bet Chalamet can do it. It depends upon the writing, especially the dialogue. Dylan has a certain flakiness to him, which I think Chalamet could be convincing at. He had a very good performance in A Rainy Day in New York. Surely any of Dylan's singing will be lip-synched, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Impersonating the character is one thing, but so many of these biopics miss the mark. We'll have to wait and see.

~Doc