The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched A Perfect World in one of the Hall of Fames, and I liked it a lot.

The Breakfast Club is one of those movies that I watch every time it's on TV.

Lilo & Stitch is one of my favorite animated movies. Have you seen any of the sequels and/or the TV series? I wish the TV series lasted longer. I liked the way we met a new cousin in each episode.

I didn't have high expectations for Bolt, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. Last year, I was at a garage sale and they were selling a very nice plush doll of Bolt for $1, so I bought it. As I was leaving, the young boy who lived there came over to me and told me that "it's not the real Bolt because it doesn't talk". A few weeks later, I was at a different garage sale, and they were selling a different plush doll of Bolt that talks when you press the button on his foot, so I bought that one too. Now I have the "real" Bolt.

I've only seen the first Lilo & Stitch sequel. It was better than I expected but nowhere near as good as the original. Haven't seen the show.

WALL·E
(Andrew Stanton, 2008)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 36, 2013 - 36

Gorgeous animation, a touching story, great characters, and one of my favorite movie romances make for a truly magical film watching experience.

Charlotte's Web
(Charles A. Nichols and Iwao Takamoto, 1973)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 94

A childhood favorite that I fell back in love with as an adult. It's such a delightful film with memorable characters, great vocal performances (especially Paul Lynde as Templeton, a character that really helped me develop my love of rats), and wonderful songs.

Love Lebowski. Coen brothers are the greatest. Yet to see Black Snake Moan. Just showed up on Netflix, so maybe I will check it out.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
(Steven Spielberg, 1984)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 31, 2013 - 34

I don't care what anybody else says: THIS IS THE BEST INDIANA JONES MOVIE. Haters can suck it. Short Round? Love him. Willie? Love her, screaming and all. Mola Ram? Best movie villain ever. Chilled monkey brains, snake surprise, eyeball soup, giant vampire bats, human sacrifice, mine cart chase, inflatable raft airplane escape... YES, YES, YES! Also shirtless Harrison Ford was f*cking hot.

About time WALL-E showed up, you got pretty much all the others. I was getting worried

Temple is also the best Indiana movie too. That's one thing MV and I do agree on without compromise

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Wall E rules and I really like Charlottes Web.

I really like the first and second Indiana movies. I need to see them again too.

Might have been putting off Black Snake Moan because of how it looked. So yeah, I read a lot about the sh*t marketing, so maybe I should give it a shot. I love me some Sam Jackson and it looked pretty cool back when I first stumbled upon it. Obviously love The Big Lebowski. Classic film, so much fun. Wall-E is amazing and one of Pixar's greatest and most grown-up achievements! Not seen Charlotte's Web. Not a fan of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I was really disappointed first time I saw it and it still doesn't quite give me what I hope each time. It's just too weird, campy, gross, the acting, characters, all just doesn't match up - but I know that's exactly why y'all fans love it, so yeah...

Bubba Ho-Tep
(Don Cascarelli, 2002)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 8, 2013 - 7

Another painful cut from my old top ten. This is the movie that made me love Bruce Campbell. It's got a fantastic and very original script - about an elderly Elvis impersonator (who believes he's really Elvis) and an old black man who believes he's John F. Kennedy that team up to do battle with a mummy in cowboy duds that's been feeding on the other residents of an east Texas rest home - with great performances and hilarious dialogue. Highly recommended for anyone who likes to have fun when watching movies.

Mad Max: Fury Road
(George Miller, 2015)
Previous Rankings: NEW TO THE LIST

When I first saw this action-packed adrenaline rush of a movie it was instant love. I've lost track of how many times I've seen it since then and it's just as thrilling every time. Crazy cars, crazy costumes, crazier stunts and that sexy motherf*cker Tom Hardy. My heart's racing just thinking about it.

Charlotte's Web is just okay for me. The other two are favourites.

Edit: I left the room with my comp on this thread and you updated . Fury Road was very good and i liked Bubba Ho Tep. Looks like i was right about the two new entries to your top ten.

I liked Wall-E a little bit, and very much like Charlotte's Web and Temple of Doom, although the latter is my least favorite of the original trilogy.

I don't like Fury Road and haven't seen Bubba.

I have very little knowledge of people's taste in detail. I was hoping to see The Master here, because... Joaquin Phoenix.

But then I remembered something about Inherent Vice actually being the only PTA you like. Then again... Joaquin Phoenix. Anyways, this list is exciting, particularly because I haven't got sh*t of a clue what people like on here.

Bubba Ho-Tep
(Don Cascarelli, 2002)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 8, 2013 - 7

Another painful cut from my old top ten. This is the movie that made me love Bruce Campbell. It's got a fantastic and very original script - about an elderly Elvis impersonator (who believes he's really Elvis) and an old black man who believes he's John F. Kennedy that team up to do battle with a mummy in cowboy duds that's been feeding on the other residents of an east Texas rest home - with great performances and hilarious dialogue. Highly recommended for anyone who likes to have fun when watching movies.
That sounds funny! I'm going to try and watch one of these days. (after I catch up on all of my Hof stuff).

Have you seen Elvis & Nixon with Michael Shannon as Elvis and Kevin Spacey as Nixon? It's pretty original stuff, funny too, I think you might like it.

Oh damn. Raul just pointed out to me that East of Eden had already shown up, i was thinking that'd make the top ten.
Yeah, East of Eden showed up awhile ago. The other new top ten is animated and I named my current rats after two of its characters.

That sounds funny! I'm going to try and watch one of these days. (after I catch up on all of my Hof stuff).

Have you seen Elvis & Nixon with Michael Shannon as Elvis and Kevin Spacey as Nixon? It's pretty original stuff, funny too, I think you might like it.
I haven't seen that. Might need to check it out.

I have very little knowledge of people's taste in detail. I was hoping to see The Master here, because... Joaquin Phoenix.

But then I remembered something about Inherent Vice actually being the only PTA you like. Then again... Joaquin Phoenix. Anyways, this list is exciting, particularly because I haven't got sh*t of a clue what people like on here.
Yeah, I really liked the performances in The Master, but don't like the movie. I liked Inherent Vice, but it's not a favorite. I am toying with the idea of doing a best Joaquin Phoenix performances a la Gideon's various countdowns though. I've seen and own every Phoenix movie that's been released since 1995 (basically every movie he's done as an adult) so I might do a ranked list of all of them.