Cold in July

Tools    

Who else has seen and is a fan? Starring Dexter and Sam Shepard in I believe his final role. I feel it's one of the most underrated movies of the last five years. Especially if you're a noir fanatic like me, it's a great watch.

I liked it. Did not see it going in the direction it eventually went, got pretty grim, but it worked. Sheppard has always been great, Dexters mullet was great and Don Johnson is quickly becoming one of my favorite character actors. He brings a quirkiness to everything he does and it's fun to watch.

Who else has seen and is a fan? Starring Dexter and Sam Shepard in I believe his final role. I feel it's one of the most underrated movies of the last five years. Especially if you're a noir fanatic like me, it's a great watch.
Seen it loved it. It's like no country for old men - meets Drive

Excellent film. A big surprise for me, as I was expecting next to nothing. Loved the tonal shifting throughout the film. Reminded me of Demme's work on Something Wild, another classic example of flipping the script and cross pollinating genres with a master stroke ease. Never thought White Lion would hold so much weight with me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Trailer looks excellent!

Excellent film. A big surprise for me, as I was expecting next to nothing. Loved the tonal shifting throughout the film. Reminded me of Demme's work on Something Wild, another classic example of flipping the script and cross pollinating genres with a master stroke ease. Never thought White Lion would hold so much weight with me.
I won't say that I was expecting next to nothing... but was expecting something great? Definitely not. I thought it would be average-to-decent.

Instead, we could look back 15-20 years from now and say Cold in July is a neo-noir classic.

yup, total agreement.

Yes, only the other day, absolutely loved it. Only tracked it down because of a comparison another MOFOer made, glad I did.