Rise of The Living Dead

Tools    

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...ve-letter-dad/

"Way back in 2014, Cameron Romero, son of the late George A. Romero, launched an Indiegogo campaign for a film then titled Origins, which was to be a prequel to his father’s Night of the Living Dead. The project, which we wrote an article in support of, ended up raising $30,000, fully reaching its goal.

So what’s the latest on all that? Romero has provided an update today.

Over on his Facebook page, George Cameron Romero has revealed that the project titled Origins will now officially be known as Rise of the Living Dead!

Many of you know that I have been working to tell a story for many years,” wrote Romero. “My dad read the script and called it ‘genius.’ Many have approached me about making this film and I’ve said no to many because even though I’m not a ‘precious’ artist, this one is special… this one is mine… this one… is my love letter to my dad… to his work… to the fact that he was once called the most dangerous filmmaker alive… to the fact that society in 1968 wanted to shut him up as much as they wanted to celebrate him.

Here’s the plot for Rise, as outlined in the Origins campaign…

“Origins takes place in the Turmoil of the 1960’s just shortly before “Night of the Living Dead”, and explains how The ‘Original’ Romero Zombie was created. In 1962, Dr. Ryan Cartwright was on the scientific and altruistic path to find a way for humans to sustain life in the event of M.A.D (Mutual Assured Destruction), a huge topic brought on by the Cuban Missile Crisis. Little did he know that over the course of the next several years of his life, he would take a well-funded and military focused journey to the darkest corners of the world… as he creates the ultimate weapon for the government and a curse that will plague mankind for the rest of days.”"

Awesome. I love the '...Dead' series.

Id like to see a zombie movie where the main characters actually see the end to a zombie epidemic. A lot of zombie movies, including almost all of what George Romero put out in his career, only featured the initial outbreaks of a zombie epidemic or the cast that the movie follows outlasting a zombie epidemic long enough to escape to somewhere else, ending the movie there and leaving the movie to be franchise bait if it grosses enough money. Thats part of the reason why i liked 'Shaun of the Dead' so much because even though its a satirical comedy, it at least resolves the basis of the zombie outbreak and gives a true ending.