If You Could Eliminate Any Movie from History...

Tools    

The idea here is what movie , if you could, would you make not exist?
This could be based on that it:

-was just a stupid movie (perhaps people quote it all the time and you want to heave every time they do it)

-offended you

-rubbed you the wrong way

-is given to much credit and it bugs you to the point of not enjoying it

-or perhaps you disliked it and wish it would go away

I know on my list would be Twilight and Napoleon Dynamite

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Cq13, Napoleon Dynamite is 86 minutes, including about four minutes of end credits (which I know you didn't watch), so I, your "Fairy Godfather", do hereby give you back 38 minutes of your life which you never missed in the first place. What are you gonna do with 'em?

Lord of the Rings: the most boring overhyped piece of crap ever made!

I didn't even bother watching the other 2 sequels! I was lucky to save about 6 hours of my life by doing that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Lord of the Rings has sequels????

My vote goes to Belly, Carnivore, any of the "______ Movie" series and Cannibal Holocaust.

Suspect's Reviews

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Cq13, Napoleon Dynamite is 86 minutes, including about four minutes of end credits (which I know you didn't watch), so I, your "Fairy Godfather", do hereby give you back 38 minutes of your life which you never missed in the first place. What are you gonna do with 'em?
Wow, mark! I felt like 3! I should do something important with this special bonus time like volunteer at a soup kitchen or a children's hospital. But, I'll probably just use them to help me catch up on the sleep I missed last night or hanging around MoFo. Thanks!

So many good movies, so little time.
Gone with the Wind

I think this movie delayed the Civil Rights movement by helping to convince people that the peculiar Southern way of life was only understood by Southerners and was only disrupted by meddling Yankees.

The movie was a propaganda piece for the Jim Crow society and laws that kept blacks in their place.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I'm not sure I'd eliminate any film, though there are plenty that I'd get rid of should I ever decide that should be the case.

I agree that Napoleon Dynamite is shockingly unfunny, but my friend and I only made it through 45 minutes of it before deciding we were wasting our time. OK, I'll own up, that's how long she took, I wouldn't have even put it on.

mojo: If you're putting LotR up as the most boring and overhyped, I might be with you. But, in terms of being boring, as I've already said, both 2001 and The Shining bore it out of town for me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
You're all being too harsh on Napoleon Dynamite! I didn't like it at all the first time I watched it, but when I was reluctantly made to watch it again I found it far funnier.

Personally I'd rather have the time back I spent watching Sex Lives of the Potato Men. And the vomit inducing images removed from my brain. And the money back that I spent on popcorn that I couldn't eat because the movie made me feel sick.

Superbad, Twilight, Beer Fest, Superman Returns and various other superhero sequels, what I wouldn't give to have those hours back.

But then again, in regards to Beer Fest I watched that the night I met my boyfriend, we spent all night talking and it was the only thing on tv at 4 in the morning...so who knows...

The world would be a better place minus the Twilight series. I can say this because of the 2 hours my wife made me give up to watch this bull#?!#.

I can't help but wonder how many hours your wife would say she's lost watching something...
just because you wanted to...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

...Personally I'd rather have the time back I spent watching Sex Lives of the Potato Men. And the vomit inducing images removed from my brain. And the money back that I spent on popcorn that I couldn't eat because the movie made me feel sick.
Unless there was some absolute pearler of a reason why you were watching that film (like someone's life depended on it or you were being paid lots of money) then you've only got yourself to blame for that one.

Seriously though, did you really think you'd enjoy that film?

Master of Disguise ~ 2002. This is worse than watching the Colts lose the superbowl.

Semper Fooey
I wouldn't eliminate any of them. One more crappy movie won't change the destiny of the world.

Well, I just found out the Saints won. I fell asleep while they were behind and didn't bother to get the score because I figured they lost. I'm glad they won because I always like the underdog, except if it's a home team, but this city doesn't have a football team anymore, so in football, always for the underdog.