The MoFo Fine Art thread...

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
These are scans from a book by Irish photographer Bobbie Hanvey, who I think is wonderful. One of the pictures is of my Uncle.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	alec.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	5264   Click image for larger version

Name:	beryl.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	5265   Click image for larger version

Name:	bigian.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	5266   Click image for larger version

Name:	heaney.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	5267   Click image for larger version

Name:	jack.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	5268  

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Your uncle is Ian Paisley!!!???
ermmmm no.

On a side note, my dad once told Big Ian to **** off at Belfast airport in the 70s. The Fire & Brimstone merchant had apparently commented on my father's tie (records don't show if it was a positive or negative comment though, and your humble author wasn't there to corroborate).

My uncle's the historian - propping himself up at an unused part of our family home (my Grandparents' farm, now his) in deepest, darkest Tyrone.

KlimtThe three ages

Tamara de Lempicka Young girl in a green dress

Man Ray Le violon d´Ingres

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
ermmmm no.

On a side note, my dad once told Big Ian to **** off at Belfast airport in the 70s. The Fire & Brimstone merchant had apparently commented on my father's tie (records don't show if it was a positive or negative comment though, and your humble author wasn't there to corroborate).

My uncle's the historian - propping himself up at an unused part of our family home (my Grandparents' farm, now his) in deepest, darkest Tyrone.
that was going to be my next guess.

chriss - great choices. I love the second painter, have seen an online collection of her stuff.

chriss - great choices. I love the second painter, have seen an online collection of her stuff.
thanks! here just some other paintings of her i like

Portrait of a young girl

The sleeper

Woman with dove

Put me in your pocket...

Sedai...I love Renoir's "Luncheon of the Boating Party". It's gorgeous...and huge...in person. I wrote an paper on it when I was a young'n in college and I still have a thing for it.

This past year I bought two Alphonse Mucha's prints and had them framed.
"Precious Stones (Set of 4 )" and "Biscuits Lefevre".

And recently I just bought a signed Misha Lenn..."Spanish Dancer's" which can't find online anywhere, but the style is similar this one of his...only with brighter colors.

me too, i think he innovated a lot specially in photography

Donna

Black and white

i also like a lot those that you posted Aniko, didnt know the last one

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It's a little... different than what has been posted, but it is a favorite and a signed print of it happens to be the only thing hanging on the walls in my apartment. Brandon Bird's, The Anguish:

i do like Modigliani! unique style

by the way, there is going to be a film about him soon i think

There are some great art works here folks

Here a few of mine or should i say Roberts, he usually buys a South african painting each year when we go, sorry about the quality as they are hanging in the wall and they have glass on them. the large one in the messy lounge room is mine by an Australian artist. I will post more later.

A system of cells interlinked
A couple more I like.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I've always liked Giacometti.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Sedai
That is so cool... It almost looks like it's blowing apart and assembling itself at the same time - brilliant!

Piddy~ great sense of weight in those.

OG... what the?! Is that Michael Landon... and a squid?

A system of cells interlinked
That is so cool... It almost looks like it's blowing apart and assembling itself at the same time - brilliant!
He actually has a few in the same vein.... The above is my favorite , and I really like the Galatea of the Spheres I posted earlier, but I also like this one as well.....