You are given 10 million to make a movie...

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Am I the right person to adapt Blood Meridian into a film? No.

Would I, if given the chance? Maybe.

I don't actually wear pants.
I'd hire a screenwriter, and then take the roles of cinematographer, maybe director, and editor, and then tell the screenwriter I want him to write me a western that takes place in a day. I'd also hire the lesser-praised-albiet-important people, like boom men, cameramen, and gaffers, et al. I'd buy a machine with Avid, though I'd be sure to have minimal visual effects, and also hire people to do special effects.

I think that should do it.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Ummmm....

....and then we go to Vegas and blow the other $5mil.

This might just do nobody any good.
I would give the money to Terry Gilliam and tell him to make whatever movie that he wanted to make.
He’s finished Don Quixote so what’s left?

Welcome to the human race...
As noted, there's only so much of a movie you can make for $10 million. I mainly wonder what Gilliam would do with only that amount.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Pounds? Dollars? Euros?

Sticking to pounds, I'd make a low budget, gritty spy story set in England, likely London, about an aged spy bleeding out and trying to journey across town to see his loved ones one last time. All the while, his assassin is hell bent on killing him.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Pounds? Dollars? Euros?

Sticking to pounds, I'd make a low budget, gritty spy story set in England, likely London, about an aged spy bleeding out and trying to journey across town to see his loved ones one last time. All the while, his assassin is hell bent on killing him.

USD

I know this is an extremely bland answer, but I would use it to help a few people make their movies.

I would effectively split it into individual budgets based on level of complexity, and how compelling I found each filmmaker's ideas. I would also intentionally save a portion of it for shopping the films around after the fact.

edit: some phrasing

-Good marketing campaign. I want my s*it in mainstream cinemas.
-Talented actors who've perfected their craft.
-Not have that crappy-echoey sound design that's in every student film.
-Great cameras.

Everything else depends on what type of film I'm makin'.

Hi there! 10 million to make a movie? I would produce a series of films, from the adaptation of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter Novel. She’s my favourite author and it would mean a lot to me to achieve this dream, by turning her books into movies. Have a nice day!

the lower the budget, the harder it is to make a great movie. many have tried, very few have succeeded and they've gone to be our best.

I tell you what I'd do, I d buy myself a cosy house on the beach in that tropical paradise that Harrison Ford crashed his lil plane on in Six days Seven Nights, and I 'd stay there! I don't care what I film; it could be Harrison Ford settling in, it could be palm trees, it could be a herd of crickets for all I care. It doesn't even have to be Tahiti, it could be Savannah.....or Austin......the Galápagos Islands, makes no diff to me. Hand me a camera and I ' ll film the g d turtles moving an inch an hour in back of my toes and in front of an acquamarine sea.

I'm sick of this friggin winter, and we're barely a third of the way in. PHOOEY!!! Gimme the 10 million and I' m going someplace WARM and I ain' t never comin ' back.