Rank The Jurassic Park Films

Tools    

With the upcoming release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (how awesome it's looking from what we've seen) I thought this would be a good time to rank the current four (soon to be five) Jurassic films. For me they go:

Jurassic Park
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park III
Jurassic World

Yes, release order. Some may disagree with Jurassic World being at the bottom but barring the awesome end battle scene I found it rather boring and quite silly. It also had terrible CGI and no suspense at all. I feel the original is the best by a massive margin and The Lost World despite it's flaws is a good sequel and at times comes close to matching the original, though is held back by some serious problems (the infamous gymnastics scene, the characters of Kelly and Sarah, the overly talky and somewhat plodding first half). I feel the series definitely declines significantly with each new film but I'm hopeful Fallen Kingdom will buck that trend. Looks amazing so far.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
From what I remember of the movies, my order would go something like this:

Jurassic Park
The Lost World
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park III

However, I do not remember much of Jurassic Park III and my opinion might change on a second viewing.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Jurassic Park 4 and a half out out of 5
The lost word 3/5
JP 3 2 and a half
Jurassic world 2/5

I saw the original converted to 3D several years ago.....it was the best conversion I have seen. If it ever gets shown in the cinema again or you have a good 3D tv I’d recommend that version.

Jurassic Park (A-)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (B-)
Jurassic Park III (B-)
Jurassic World (D)

That's how I'd rank them and grade them. I like the second and third ones for what they are, but I intensely dislike Jurassic World. As far as I'm concerned the franchise is dead barring a total rethinking of where these movies should go and what they hope to achieve with them.

I thought I was alone in disliking Jurassic World. The end scene for me was the only enjoyable part, everything else was so atrociously boring (well, the Mosasaurus feeding was pretty neat). Fallen Kingdom however looks promising so far and I'm hopeful it'll salvage the series.

Jurassic Park

Everything else can go suck my custard.
wow 3/5 stars. harsh rating lol. arguably Spielberg's best.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Jurassic World
Jurassic Park
Jurassic park The Lost World
Jurassic Park III

Jurassic Park 3 is by far the weakest.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Jurassic World was kinda fun for a one time viewing. But I rewatched it and thought to myself, "God, this movie is cheesy."

It doesn't hold up at all to rewatches. I've tried giving it chances since the first watch, but every time I do I feel as if I can just be watching the original all over again or even having a double bill of the first two.

PTA
1. Jurassic Park 8.4/10
2. The Lost World 7.0/10
3. Jurassic World 6.4/10
4. Jurassic Park III 6.3/10

I think if I re-watched Jurassic World, I might give it a horrible rating.

If I were to rate them each on a 0-10 scale:

1 - 10/10
2 - 8/10
3 - 6/10
4 - 4/10

The Lost World is nearly a 9/10, but the infamous gymnastics scene (so stupid) combined with the first half being somewhat plodding and overly talkly first half drop it a point. It's a movie I feel gets better with rewatches, despite being a sizable decline from the first, it's still good in it's own way. JP3 I probably rate higher than it deserves, but I have some nostalgia for it as I fondly remember seeing it in theaters (I was 14 when it came out) and it got me into the series all over again. Plus it had Sam Neill back, plenty of animatronics and it still had some of the Jurassic feel to it. It's not exactly good, don't get me wrong, but it has some merit going for it amidst it's numerous fatal flaws.

Jurassic World I really struggle to enjoy. Barring the end fight scene as well as the scenes with the Mosasaurus, I found it slow and boring, and it felt so much like a big-budget SyFy movie. Don't get me started on the horrible CGI, so fake-looking. Fallen Kingdom is at least looking promising so far, I already find the trailer far more enjoyable than the third and fourth movies combined.

Fallen Kingdom so far looks really good. I wouldn't be surprised if it at least rates as my third favorite and I'm betting it will be. It already looks far superior to the third and fourth movies. Also curious about the fact it was mentioned all seen in the trailers occurs in the first hour of the movie, which leads me to wonder what goes down during the second half of the film.

The lost world was a strange one for me. Had moments of brilliance. I think I liked the first half, the idea of another island. Then it went silly. The terror of the original was gone. For example the raptors, the most fearsome creatures of the originals, creatures of intelligence became a smaller, bumbling, comical set piece. You could play that Benny Hill music in that whole scene with the gymnastics at the end. Also having the T. rex loose on the streets of the real world, again it took the horror away and felt out of place. Still it’s the second best imo and where Spielberg showed he’s only human.

I actually enjoyed the San Diego sequence in The Lost World. It was something different. That sequence alone is far superior to the entirity of the third and fourth films, IMO. Although the film was definitely not without some serious problems. Felt like with some fine-tuning to the script it would've been closer in quality to the original.

I actually enjoyed the San Diego sequence in The Lost World. It was something different. That sequence alone is far superior to the entirity of the third and fourth films, IMO. Although the film was definitely not without some serious problems. Felt like with some fine-tuning to the script it would've been closer in quality to the original.
Yea something went wrong. It really was close to being great, just didn’t hit the mark. 3rd one is sort of like going through the motions and hollow whereas Jurassic World ...I have really nothing nice to say about it. I’ve seen it one and a half my times, switched it off midway through second viewing.