Falling Asleep During Film-Watching

Tools    

Two movies I can think of off the top of my head that I fell asleep while watching and in a theater during their original theatrical release:

Insomnia (Ironically)
The Hindenberg

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I have a sub question for everyone here: when you fall asleep while watching a movie at home, do you restart it when you go to rewatch it, or pick up where you left off? I try to watch the whole thing in one sitting if I can.
I rewind until I get close enough.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Two movies I can think of off the top of my head that I fell asleep while watching and in a theater during their original theatrical release:

Insomnia (Ironically)
LOL. That's good. I would have laughed.

sure, just go to sleep and enjoy the movie another time. if you're well rested and you still falling asleep, then it's a bad movie (at least for you).

PTA
I fell asleep at the theater seeing Murder on the Orient Express a few weeks ago. What a stiff and uninteresting movie.

The only other time it happened was at W. the George W. Bush bio-pic.

Almost every night. Then I'll go back the next day and pick up where I left off. Sometimes it takes three days to see an entire movie. If it's a movie I really want to see I won't start it if I think I'll crash before it's over. Never zonked in a theater. Yesterday, however, my gf and I went to see the Disaster Artist (her choice, I wanted to see 3 Billboards), a half hour in and she's fully reclined, out like a light then has the gall afterwards to say "that was really good."

I dozed off during Noah but had only slept 4 hours in a 24 hour period.

George Bernard Shaw was once invited to see a play. But he fell asleep during the play . When the manager asked him why he had slept he answered--- "sleep is an opinion "

Does anyone have any tips on how to get better at this?
Simply chewing gum worked for me in the past---when I absolutely had to watch a film before returning it the next day.

I was sick with a bad head cold and we went to see one of the Hobbit movies... and I slept in a large part of it.. probably due to sinus medication. I don't think I ever saw the full movie at all...

Weird is relative.
I kept falling asleep while watching John Wick 2 in the cinema. That was probably because it was my third movie of the day and I'd only slept an hour the night before.

(That movie also kind of sucked.)