Help Identifying Movie With "Skeeter" Character

Tools    

For years I've been trying to figure out the name of this movie that I only caught one quick glimpse of back in the later 90s, circa 1995 or 96 (maybe early 1997 at the very latest). I remember watching TV with my mother when she was channel-surfing and seeing the scene and she resumed surfing. I remember the scene in question had a young-looking guy with a backwards cap who was in a phone booth and he dialed either 911 or the operator and said his name was Skeeter. My mom changed the channel after that. I know the description is really vague but that's all I can remember right now. For years I've been trying to figure out what movie it's from, might anyone here know? It's a long shot but I'm hopeful someone might know with the character's name and knowing it's a pre-New Millennium film that might make it easier to identify.

Anyone? I still can't narrow it down. If someone showed me a clip of the scene in question I'd likely recognize it.

I know this is well over a full year later, but anyone know what movie I'm talking about? I've been trying to figure it out for years what film this is from. If I was shown the scene I'd likely recognize it.

Are you sure it was a movie? If a search of movies with characters named 'Skeeter' didnt yield any results, then what you saw may have actually been a tv show which would naturally not show up in a search for movie characters.

If you could remember the channel that this clip showed up on when your mom was surfing through that could help narrow things down as well.

Sorry for being slightly late to reply, only just now noticed.

That show posted seemed promising, but finding episodes on YouYube and scrolling through them, I didn't find the scene I remembered. I recall the movie was on one of the premium movie channels, something like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Movie Channel, etc. again this is only from memory.