What did you think of Moscow on the Hudson (1984)?

→ in
Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I watched it and I really liked the first half a lot. I thought this movie was going to be Robin Williams best movie and it's a masterpiece so far. But then after he defects to the US and he is a citizen there, it feels like then, the movie runs out of steam, like they just don't know where to go after that. He has some ups and downs with his love interest, but that's just standard material, and nothing really good seems to happen after that.

It feels like they had a really great script for the first half, but then didn't know what to do after that great middle climax. What do you think?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I watched it and I really liked the first half a lot. I thought this movie was going to be Robin Williams best movie and it's a masterpiece so far. But then after he defects to the US and he is a citizen there, it feels like then, the movie runs out of steam, like they just don't know where to go after that. He has some ups and downs with his love interest, but that's just standard material, and nothing really good seems to happen after that.

It feels like they had a really great script for the first half, but then didn't know what to do after that great middle climax. What do you think?
I felt the same.. Really great start, but then ran out of steam. I'd check out some earlier Mazursky (if you haven't already)

-Harry and Tonto
-Next Stop, Greenwich Village
-Blume in Love

Never seen it.

I couldn't finish it. @matt72582 's suggestions for Mazurky's films are spot on imho. Especially the timeless Harry and Tonto, which not a big, grand epic; but a cherished little jewel of a film.

Oh okay, the only other movie I know of from the director that I wanted to see, was An Unmarried Woman, is that one good too?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Oh okay, the only other movie I know of from the director that I wanted to see, was An Unmarried Woman, is that one good too?
I think I gave it a 6/10. I didn't like it that much.

Yep, even though I thought the last half of the movie goes downhill, Robin's performance is very good!