Anyone here ever drive for Uber or Lyft?

Tools    

Without having explicitly asked or checked, I really have to imagine that's frowned upon, based on the totally frictionless system in general and the fact that tips have been integrated into the app.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I'm too neurotic about my car to even think about letting strangers in... You all would know my true identity one day.

"Leading story on Channel 52 Jam News. Uber driver introduces boom stick to nostrils of fare. Reports indicate that the passenger asked to 'not sit on the blanket'."

soory Master Bruce, forgot how much I wanted to be 1992 U.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Wifey wanted me home so I didn't start today. That'll give me some time to familiarize myself with the app.
You might be axe murdered if you continually calling her wifey.

Just gave it a quick try today. I was online 2 hours and 10 minutes and gave 3 rides. I drove about 60 miles, 45 while online which are deductible. After the Uber commission of $18.23, I made $50.36. After deductions, I'll have to pay taxes on about $15.

Just gave it a quick try today. I was online 2 hours and 10 minutes and gave 3 rides. I drove about 60 miles, 45 while online which are deductible. After the Uber commission of $18.23, I made $50.36. After deductions, I'll have to pay taxes on about $15.
You're sure to have stories in the future if you keep driving (I don't know of any drivers who don't) - so we'll be looking forward to hearing some of them.

Let me ask you a personal question: are you packing while you drive?

Let me ask you a personal question: are you packing while you drive?
Negative, but I've done much more dangerous work to do with driving and I know all the neighborhoods.

Negative, but I've done much more dangerous work to do with driving and I know all the neighborhoods.
Did Uber provide any info on packing while driving? Is it a situation where, if concealed carry in legal in your state, and you have a permit, then it's okay? Or, do they not even mention it?

Did Uber provide any info on packing while driving? Is it a situation where, if concealed carry in legal in your state, and you have a permit, then it's okay? Or, do they not even mention it?
It wasn't mentioned to me. I would imagine local laws would apply.

I was expecting the answer to be - "I never pack while driving, but if the passenger has bags, I will pack them BEFORE driving."
My mind was a little further south. The gutter, to be precise.

There was a news story a couple days ago about an Uber driver who shot his passenger claiming self defense - the passenger was killed and I thought I'd heard in the initial report that a knife (allegedly used by the passenger) was found in the car (although I'm not seeing that in any subsequent reports).

I'm just posting this because an earlier question I had was answered on the news - they read an Uber statement saying that Uber has a policy that their drivers cannot carry a firearm while driving for Uber (I'm assuming that means even if they have a permit and it is legal in their state).

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/01/us/ub...ver/index.html

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Out of curiosity, has it been worth it?

Out of curiosity, has it been worth it?
I haven't driven again since those first two times because I've been busy and haven't had to. I will again, and it seems like it'll be very worth it if I put in a longer day.

I haven't driven again since those first two times because I've been busy and haven't had to. I will again, and it seems like it'll be very worth it if I put in a longer day.
So are you going to carry your piece despite the "rules"?

My hairpiece? I just stay bald.
I kind of understand Uber's no toupee's while on duty rule - you could be driving, open the window to get a little air, and the next thing you know, your rug's hitting your passenger in the face!