The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Haven't seen either. Think I would've seen most of the remaining films.
You're British and haven't seen The Great Escape? Wow. Y'know how rare you people are?

I ****ing hate anagrams.
Those weren't anagrams. Aghast Maria Inns.

Master of My Domain
You're British and haven't seen The Great Escape?
Well, technically, he isn't British.

Master of My Domain
Yes, he is. They even had a vote to prove it.
Btw, I supported the side that lost.

The Great Escape was my #6.

The best Sunday afternoon/Bank Holiday film ever made. As a child I was able to recite at great length what happened to Jim Rockford, the Wee Bald Bloke, him out of The Professionals, Danny, the cool guy on the motorbike etc.

When I was 10 I came to the conclusion that The Great Escape was a much better film than Star Wars, my previous favourite.

Approximately 15 years later I still agree.
totally agree with that!
Haven't seen it for a while. Used to be on telly so much like you say, on the Bank hols, Christmas, Easter. Should've been on my list, I do like it a lot.

A few more from mine in the last few sets:

7. Charade
8. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
9. Peeping Tom
10. Through a Glass Darkly
14. Oliver!
16. Breakfast at Tiffany's
17. The Innocents
19. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
21. The Jungle Book
23. Easy Rider
25. Breathless

The People's Republic of Clogher
totally agree with that!
Haven't seen it for a while. Used to be on telly so much like you say, on the Bank hols, Christmas, Easter. Should've been on my list, I do like it a lot.
I ended up buying it on DVD about 10 years ago because the film seemed to have disappeared from the BBC/ITV holiday schedules. I've got the blu ray now.

I ended up buying it on DVD about 10 years ago because the film seemed to have disappeared from the BBC/ITV holiday schedules. I've got the blu ray now.
Made me want to watch it again now. Such a great cast

I ended up buying it on DVD about 10 years ago because the film seemed to have disappeared from the BBC/ITV holiday schedules
You bought the dvd, I threw a party. Different strokes.

I think 16 of my films will make it, which is 2 or 3 less than I originally thought

I am gonna guess Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Yojimbo as the next pair.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra