Game of Thrones, Season 6

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I never got into Deadwood, but I've enjoyed his other work. He'll be a welcome addition, show is running low on gravitas.

Love him. Can't wait till next season. Have they set a date for season 6 yet?

My money is on March/ April 16'. It seems like each prior season has started in the spring

Love McShane! Will bring even more class to the series. Speaking of class, here's more great news from Variety:

he Three-Eyed Raven is getting a makeover in season six of “Game of Thrones” — Variety has confirmed that Max von Sydow will take over the role, which was originated by Struan Rodger in the season four finale of the HBO drama.

The enigmatic character is responsible for teaching Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) about his supernatural gifts, including his ability to transfer himself into the body of other creatures through the process of “warging.” Although Bran and his allies were absent throughout season five, they are confirmed to be making a return in the new season, which has commenced filming in Europe.

While von Sydow is not expected to have much screen time in season six, he will reportedly play a major role in the events of the new season. The same has been said of fellow new cast member Ian McShane, who is playing an undisclosed role.

I think McShane will be one of 3 people cause its a big character but not very big part. That tells me he will likely be a prequel character for why cast McShane if there is not more of a pay off. Randle Tarly could be but i think he is either Rickard Stark Sean Beans father aka Neds Father. or he is Mad King King Aerys.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks

WARNING: spoilers below
John Snows fate is going to be. I think they tipped their caps too much with the Ice King stare down.

Welcome to the human race...
I would love to hear what everyone thinks

WARNING: spoilers below
John Snows fate is going to be. I think they tipped their caps too much with the Ice King stare down.
WARNING: "GoT/ASoIaF" spoilers below
The fact that Melisandre is seen coming back to Castle Black shortly before Jon Snow gets stabbed implies that she will be on hand to conduct the same sort of Lord of Light resurrection magic that was demonstrated back in season three between Thoros of Myr and Lord Beric Dondarrion. Of course, it's all but implied that the magic still brings back people in an incomplete/warped fashion depending on external factors such as how long a person is dead for before being brought back, so there's no telling exactly what state Jon would be in if he did come back to life. Every version of undead in this show has a serious downside.

do we need spoiler tags?
I assume anyone in a season 6 thread has seen season 5.

WARNING: "my prediction" spoilers below
they try to burn his body but it doesn't burn. at this point the red priestess says a prayer and brings him back to life.

I'm so bad with names, I had to look those up. I remember that happening, but did not remember the Lord of Light being involved. It's hard for me to keep up with all the details.

I would hate to see Melisandre involved, she just seems inherently evil.

Welcome to the human race...
I get the feeling that they'd probably include a flashback to that scene in a "previously on..." recap so as to remind people about it. Also, it seems a given that Melisandre will be involved.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
When George Martin first sat down with the TV show producers the first thing he asked then was "Who is Jon Snows mother?". A story we haven't been told yet, so he must be coming back.

When George Martin first sat down with the TV show producers the first thing he asked then was "Who is Jon Snows mother?". A story we haven't been told yet, so he must be coming back.
we've been told enough to figure it out.
also your conclusion is wrong because they could tell us that story in a prequel or flashback, he doesn't have to come back for it to be told.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Then what would be the point of telling the story with Jon Snow being dead. Melissandra happens to be back at Castle Black, we had that resurrection scene back in season 3, Ghost isn't dead, Sam said "Jon always comes back", epic staredown with the walker King etc.

If the very first thing George Martin says to TV producers is concerning Jon's lineage then we can assume that Jon plays an important or perhaps the most important part in the story.

Jon can now remove himself from his vows and being stuck at the wall just in time for Winter coming and the inevitable walker army assault of the wall and sure defeat of the Nights watch.