Best movies about real-life serial killers

Tools    

Zodiac , Boston strangler and 10 Rillington Place are the only one's i can think of.
I was surprised at how good Richard Attenborough's performance was in 10 Rillington Place. At that time I had only previously seen him as good people in Jurassic Park and The Great Escape etc..

I also enjoyed Monster, Zodiac and all the Jack the Ripper films that I have seen.

I was surprised at how good Richard Attenborough's performance was in 10 Rillington Place. At that time I had only previously seen him as good people in Jurassic Park and The Great Escape etc..

I also enjoyed Monster, Zodiac and all the Jack the Ripper films that I have seen.
which ones of jack the ripper movies are good ? i only saw from hell.

which ones of jack the ripper movies are good ? i only saw from hell.
Man in the attic with Jack Palance, The Ripper with Patrick Bergin and also the mini series Jack the Ripper with Michael Caine.
There is also a German film from 2016 starring Sonja Gerhardt.
Although Man in the attic and the German Ripper film are fiction and not based on the real life murders.

100% yes.

As mentioned, Zodiac is great.

I think that The Frozen Ground is pretty good. The case is certainly pretty infuriating.

If you somehow haven't seen Citizen X, you should rectify that ASAP.

Both Lonely Hearts and Deep Crimson are based on the same real serial killing couple (the couple was American and they were called the "Lonely Heart Killers").

Blue Caprice is an okay retelling of the DC sniper killings (great performances, but some important details changed to fit the film's themes about fatherhood and belonging).

The Red Riding trilogy are based on the real life case of the Yorkshire Ripper, though I believe that a lot of the plot is fictional/created for the film.

The Young Poisoner's Handbook is pretty good.

I guess it kind of depends on whether you're after films that are pretty accurate to their stories, or just after good movies that are based on real people.

100% yes.

As mentioned, Zodiac is great.

I think that The Frozen Ground is pretty good. The case is certainly pretty infuriating.

If you somehow haven't seen Citizen X, you should rectify that ASAP.

Both Lonely Hearts and Deep Crimson are based on the same real serial killing couple (the couple was American and they were called the "Lonely Heart Killers").

Blue Caprice is an okay retelling of the DC sniper killings (great performances, but some important details changed to fit the film's themes about fatherhood and belonging).

The Red Riding trilogy are based on the real life case of the Yorkshire Ripper, though I believe that a lot of the plot is fictional/created for the film.

The Young Poisoner's Handbook is pretty good.

I guess it kind of depends on whether you're after films that are pretty accurate to their stories, or just after good movies that are based on real people.
as long as they are not bad...i am okay with a little fiction in there

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019) Zac Efron portrays Ted Bundy.
Psycho (1960)
Dahmer (2002)
Monster (2003)
Halloween (1978)
Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer (1986)
To Catch a Killer (1992)
American Psycho (2000)

Yeah Zodiac is borderline masterpiece.
Hard to believe as well that the creepy cellar guy, is Charles Fleischer, the same actor who portrayed Roger Rabbit

Also @xSookieStackhouse Halloween and Lambs? Not real life
Lambs was loosely based on Ed Gein... as too was Psycho... but Gein wasn't a serial killer.

Hard to believe as well that the creepy cellar guy, is Charles Fleischer, the same actor who portrayed Roger Rabbit

Lambs was loosely based on Ed Gein... as too was Psycho... but Gein wasn't a serial killer.
on google it says their real life killers

Gein was a serial killer...he killed a bunch of people.

He killed 2 women, but was technically a ghoul.
He used already deceased bodies to make dresses and furniture and stuff.

Countess Ezsebet Bathory, murdered over 650 young girls to bathe in their blood. I have seen every movie and read almost every book about her.