John Wick Prequel Series

Tools    

"An interview with Stahelski offers some great detail on what the series will be like. For starters, it will apparently be called The Continental. As I’m sure you’ve already figured, it will focus on the worldwide string of hotels catering to assassins that define so much of the John Wick series’ cool universe.

Widening the character scope is something Stahelski is very excited about:

“I like telling stories from my one character’s perspective,” Stahelski said. “Once you put that aside with the TV show, [you can] expand to all the different characters and follow them throughout their journey. You can be with the consigliere, concierge, the sommelier — you can be with all these different characters and walk through the world in different aspects; ones that I’m a little limited [from exploring] by staying with my lead guy.”

This makes perfect sense. If you’re not going to have Wick, the next best thing you can do is take a macro look at his world. But it doesn’t sound like the show will be completely without Wick, either:

“I think [Keanu Reeves] would make an appearance,” Stahelski said. “I think that’s part of his thing, [But the series] isn’t centered around John Wick.”

Stahelski will be a showrunner, passing most writing and directing duties off to others, though he does hope to direct now and then. I wouldn’t expect Wick-levels of awesome action, but he does name drop Game of Thrones’ “Battle of the Bastards” as a prime example of what can be done action-wise on television these days, indicating that The Continental might still bring a higher level of action television than we’re used to."

https://deadline.com/2020/01/john-wi...te-1202830779/

"The Starz John Wick TV series The Continental is still on track to premiere sometime following the fourth movie, which is dated for May 21, 2021.

Back at summer’s TCA, Hirsch revealed that the series would explore the origin story of the hotel which serves as a refuge for assassins in the movies.

The series was picked up by the Lionsgate-backed broadcaster in January 2018, and comes from Lionsgate TV. It’s being written by Chris Collins who serves as showrunner. Other members of the team behind the film franchise that executive produce include Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk, Chad Stahelski, John Wick franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad, along with Collins and David Leitch. Stahelski will direct the premiere episode."