Battle Of The War Movies

Tools    

As a person who loves war movies. id like to have a battle of famous war movies, that have different genres of war.
i have gathered top lists of war movies, what i recall, and other user popular movies to have a challenge to see who is better.

Rules are the first movie to get 5 votes advances to the next round.I have 32 war movies and we can see what can be the best. I'm not sure if you guys have done this.
FIRST ROUND:
PLATOON

vs.
GLORY

I like the movie "GettyBurg" the best!It was one war movie that I did not feel sick to my stomach!Beside the curses it was well done and great!Long but keeps your interest never the less!
Also I lilke the crivil war history and world war two so if I watch a war movie it would be about one of those wars! Well that is it I guess see you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
I like the movie "GettyBurg" the best!It was one war movie that I did not feel sick to my stomach!Beside the curses it was well done and great!Long but keeps your interest never the less!
Also I lilke the crivil war history and world war two so if I watch a war movie it would be about one of those wars! Well that is it I guess see you around!JM

i have gettysberg on the list, but i need you to choose which one is better out of these two first glory or platoon???

Man, that's a really tough choice for me, but I'll have to go with Glory. Both films are realistic in their depictions of battle, both have interesting characters and storylines, but Glory packs more of an emotional punch for me.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by poeman
i have gettysberg on the list, but i need you to choose which one is better out of these two first glory or platoon???
You can't do this. It's unfair. These are two great films that depict two different battles. They are both equally great at telling the story of each war. It would be like asking, which is better "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "Lord of the Rings".

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by poeman
I chose Glory then!Number one I never heard or seen the second movie you have as a choice!
And Matt Broadwick is the best actor!I love his movies!But I think Glory is nothering compare to "GettysBurg" in fact Glory to me was alittle disapointed and boring but since I had to choose I chose Glory anyway!
See you around!JM

my vote goes for glory also, guys dont worry i have a preety allstar cast of movies. i made each decision interesting. hope you guys reply more !

right now glory leads 3-0

Glory
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

ok its a TKO, Glory wins first battle advancing to second round.

FIRST ROUND:

Black Hawk Down

vs.

The Patriot

does the last samarai count ? .....

thats my all time favorite.....

Originally Posted by s2kinteg916
does the last samarai count ? .....

thats my all time favorite.....

the last samurai is on my list but vote first for the 2 i put up, it will evetually come the last samurai

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I'm going to go with black hawk down... they are both good movies and I have seen them both but I apperciate modern warfare.

The Patriot was all right, but a bit too much gloss. Black hawk Down was an exceptional film, my vote goes to it.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Black Hawk Down

It's an interesting film even though I thought it was going to be more of a "deep" movie than a pure action flick. I've seen parts of The Patriot but ended up doing something else, so I guess it wasn't anything for me.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I'm gonna have to go with the Patriot. Mainly because Mel Gibson is my favorite actor of all time, and it has Jason Isaacs in it. But wait, Isaacs is in Black Hawk Down as well. Oh well, I still like the Patriot more.
And found he was eating his shoe.

my vote goes for BHD

Platoon

Allright Black Hawk Down advances

Next Battle:

The Great Escape

VS.
Saving Private Ryan