MovieBUFFering's 101 Favorite Movies - 2019

→ in
Tools    

Oh, yeah. Duh. Everyone’s favorite. I still haven’t seen it...

I forgive alot of movie sins, but that one is pretty unforgivable lol

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I forgive alot of movie sins, but that one is pretty unforgivable lol
Sorry!!! I’ll get to it eventually, I think I own it (or at least my Dad does)

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're a George Clooney fan. Can't relate.

I love Catch Me If You Can. The Prestige is good. Shawshank and Gump are very good, but I don't love them.

Congrats on finishing the list.

Collateral seems to be sorta forgotten nowadays, which is strange considering the cast and the director and the critical acclaim it received at the time. It's been a long time since I watched it, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think it might be the only time Cruise has played a villain, unless I'm blanking on some other role.

Ultimatum is the best Bourne movie, in my opinion, but I'm not really a fan of the series. I prefer to actually see the action in my action movies rather than just a barrage of incomprehensible edits. I was pretty young when I watched As Good as It Gets, so I don't remember it particularly well. Been meaning to watch it again for some time now. Up in the Air and Catch Me If You Can are well-made movies that I just never really connected with or had any interest in revisiting. Didn't care much for Out of Sight, as there's something about Soderbergh's directing style that always keeps me at arm's length. I enjoyed Silver Linings Playbooks but it hasn't particularly stuck with me.

The Prestige is awesome and easily my favorite Nolan. I was lucky to catch it at the cinema with friends when none of us knew what to expect. I don't think we even knew who Christopher Nolan was at the time. To us, it was just a movie with Wolverine and the new Batman doing magic stuff. It turned out to be a wonderful surprise. I especially love how there's no clear-cut protagonist or antagonist, so on a first viewing you have no idea which character is going to "win."

There's a few Coens I prefer to O, Brother, but it's a very enjoyable movie with an all-time great soundtrack. It's also one of the few movies in which I truly enjoy Clooney's performance. My real name is Forrest, and I was like 7 or something when Forrest Gump was released and immediately became a cultural phenomenon, so if you grew up hearing it quoted to death, imagine how often I had those same lines thrown at me. (Especially "Run, Forrest, run!" every single day in gym.) That association might've made some hate the movie, but instead it endeared me to it. I fight back tears every time I watch the scene with Gump addressing Jenny's grave, and I rarely get emotional during movies. As for Shawshank, yeah, it's great, but I've always been baffled by its place atop the IMDb top 250.

Anyways, congrats on finishing your list! I very much enjoyed following it and I think it's a shame that you didn't get more feedback. I chalk that up to you not posting or interacting much with the rest of the forum, since 895 posts in 7 1/2 years isn't much. A lot of people start these lists and never finish them, so I admire that you stuck with it and put so much effort into every entry.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're a George Clooney fan. Can't relate.

I love Catch Me If You Can. The Prestige is good. Shawshank and Gump are very good, but I don't love them.

Congrats on finishing the list.
Actually I can take him or leave him. I think Pitt is a better actor. I think Damon is. But Clooney does a better job picking movies to me. And I love those 3 movies. It's like my trifecta of Clooney. He isn't my favorite actor but I enjoy the F out of those 3 movies.

Anyways, congrats on finishing your list! I very much enjoyed following it and I think it's a shame that you didn't get more feedback. I chalk that up to you not posting or interacting much with the rest of the forum, since 895 posts in 7 1/2 years isn't much. A lot of people start these lists and never finish them, so I admire that you stuck with it and put so much effort into every entry.
ha it's all good. I can't tell you how many times I forgot my password because I took a break. Hell I don't think I remember it now so if my computer goes down I'll have to reset it again . I just like to come on here from time to time and talk about movies I've seen with a community of film lovers. It's a good release. So I just poke my head in and out. But I've been a bit more active because I've always wanted to do a list since I first started. Glad I got it done, lot of self hate in putting it together .

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Congratulations on finishing your list, impressive effort

Since I last posted you've hit a whole lot of my own personal favourites - Guardians of the Galaxy, Lion King, Wall-e, Good Will Hunting, Ninja Turtles, 500 Days of Summer, Fugitive, Avengers, Toy Story, Men in Black, Jurassic Park, Aladdin, Truman Show, the Bourne trilogy, Catch Me if You Can, O Brother Where Art Thou, Forrest Gump and Shawshank.

Will add your offering to the big master list