The best Cinematic Experience of your life

Tools    

What is the best Cinematic Experience of your life?
For me it was Avengers Infinity War. It gave me goosebumps through whole movie. But still The Dark Knight is my favourite but I couldn't get to see it on big screen. So what's your best cinematic experience? Which Movie did you Enjoy the Most?

I admire anyone who can narrow this down to one movie...Dark Knight is a good choice though. I'd say Blade Runner most recently for me. Happy Death Day was actually a huge thrill to see on opening night in a packed theater, but not very enjoyable otherwise. Annihilation was spectacular in a high-quality theater.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Terminator 2 in 3D and King Kong (2005) were very good.

I have had several since I have seen a very lot of films in my life.. most recently "Alpha" was amazing... very few films I give a 4.5/5 rating and this was one... extremely rare a film gets a 5/5.

Visually... Prometheus in IMAX 3-D, I feel like this is one of those films that you are split based on if you saw it in the theater or if you saw it at home.

I saw The Others during a late night screening on a dark and stormy night and when I drove home the roads were covered in fog.

I also didn't really go to the theater much when I was a little kid. It was always a fight to get my parents to take me to stuff so they ended up taking me to films that were locks like Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, Back to the Future 3, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Batman Forever...but the best was Batman (1989).

prometheus in Imax
oblivion
john wick chapter 1 and 2
the dark knight rises

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
For me it was Avengers Infinity War
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

For me it was Avengers Infinity War. It gave me goosebumps through whole movie. But still The Dark Knight is my favourite but I couldn't get to see it on big screen. So what's your best cinematic experience? Which Movie did you Enjoy the Most?
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen was incredible in the cinema.

Visually... Prometheus in IMAX 3-D, I feel like this is one of those films that you are split based on if you saw it in the theater or if you saw it at home.
That's interesting – I can totally see that that could be the case.

It was an amazing experience...the fellowship of the ring.
Were you a Lord of the Rings fan as well? I knew one at the time and he said he'd have been quite happy to sit through all nine hours (the other two films were pending of course).

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
It was an amazing experience...the fellowship of the ring.
Were you a Lord of the Rings fan as well? I knew one at the time and he said he'd have been quite happy to sit through all nine hours (the other two films were pending of course).
Ah I had just finished reading the fellowship only days beforehand. I was 12 or 13. Felt it was so much better than the book which is very rare. Blew me away. So epic. Love the two towers also...another amazing experience. The return of the king is my least favourite..feels a bit flat and just off in parts.

Ah I had just finished reading the fellowship only days beforehand. I was 12 or 13. Felt it was so much better than the book which is very rare. Blew me away. So epic. Love the two towers also...another amazing experience. The return of the king is my least favourite..feels a bit flat and just off in parts.
The Fellowship of the Ring was my favourite too. I liked the variety in the locations/settings.

This might just do nobody any good.
One time they gave me a large bag of popcorn instead of the medium I paid for and the guy at the counter didn’t notice.

That was cool.

A system of cells interlinked
Probably a few for me:

Star Wars - When I was just a wee lad, my mother took me to see an independent film called Star Wars. After the opening text crawl, the camera panned down, and the theater went crazy. I was 5 years old. For the next 6 years, my life revolved around everything Star Wars. It and its sequels captured my imagination like no other film since.

Jurassic Park - I remember the first time I saw a real live dinosaur with fondness.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut - I saw this at Coolidge Corner in Boston, which is an old style cinema with a neon marquee and and old-fashioned auditorium. I brought a friend that had never seen Blade Runner. There it was, in all its glory - the best movie ever made. I am slightly jealous that his first viewing was the closest to the director's original vision in the highest quality possible, while my first viewing was the theatrical cut in 1982. Then again, I have seen Blade Runner over 100 times, so anytime I watching Blade Runner, I am pretty happy!

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Experiences like this are why we go to the movies - to be completely swept away in the world of the film.

Rarely if ever got taken to the movies as a child in England. Seeing The Wizard of Oz was really good though especially when it turned into color.

I've only had one electrifying cinema experience and that was in 1996 for the opening night of Star Trek: First Contact. I had seen the previous Star Trek movies at the theater and liked most of them, but this was the only time I've ever been on opening night premier and the theater was packed with dedicated Star Trek fans who loved the movie! That made all the difference in the world, it was a very intense viewing as I was deeply into Star Trek and it was one of the best ST films..I remember the opening scene gave me chills as we see a close up shot of Picard as a Borg drone, the camera pulls back and we see more Borg in their cubicles, then the camera pulls back further and further until Picard is a reduced to a tiny spot and the interior of this immense Borg ship fills the entire screen. I was impressed!

“I was cured, all right!”
I have to add three mainstream films:

The Matrix Revolutions
Very criticized, but I don't agree, it's an incredible sci-fi movie. That sequence when Neo is running to face Smith in the rain made me the most happy teenager on earth for at least 30 seconds!

Blade Runner 2049
It blowed my mind that a film like this still could be made in hollywood, a place in decadence, that only care for superhero garbage.

John Wick Chapter 2
For the same reason, I thought action movies in America were dead fo good! Since Taken and Matt Damon bull**** Bourne films american action films was just about shaky cam (not counting the direct to dvd movies), and this films was less and less violent. John Wick is all about the rescue of the good old american action movies. Stunts, violence and some over the top moments.