The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Unregistered User
My 70's crusade has ended and my list has been sent. Its been an absolute nightmare picking 25 films from the 151 that ive watched, from an awesome decade.

It reads:-

1970 - 1
1971 - 1
1972 - 3
1973 - 3
1974 - 3
1975 - 3
1976 - 4
1977 - 1
1978 - 0
1979 - 6

Oh, and we are now up to three hundred and twenty-nine different films. Two hundred and twenty-nine of them won't make the final list! Vote your favorites in.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	329.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	16250  

Only a hundred points separate the first through fourth place vote getters, thus far. Those four seem to have the inside track for the top spot, right now, but that could change in a hurry. The oddest anomaly, so far, is that the film with the most first place votes, and it already has eight, is not in first place. It's in third. The top two spots have five first place votes each, which isn't nothing certainly, but the other film with five firsts at this point...is down in ninth place.

Go figure.

The top twelve or so seem to be settling in, BUT there are quite a few on that next tier that could easily hop up with a few 25 and 23 point votes. And I'm confident we're still going to get a lot more ballots, like at least thirty more. At least. There are a few titles that have been climbing the charts quickly just in the last ten or twelve ballots, two in particular that both went from being way down the list and in danger of maybe not even making the cut, all the way up to the thirties! Lots of room for more titles to do just that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Holden has already PMed those he expects to send a list in who haven't. Sarah got one, and she's finalizing her list.

There are plenty of people who say they are working on their lists and will turn 'em in. No reason to call them out. Yet.

Now, Tuesday morning rolls around...I may get nasty.

Some are using one more weekend to cram in viewing some 1970s movies. Others are just plain old procrastinators. Some, though fewer still, actually have lives!

Many are very seriously disturbed.

Attachments

Name:	magic.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	16254  

I could get my brother to send in a list too, he's watched enough 70s films to have a decent list of his own. Hasn't posted in ages and I keep telling him to get involved but his computer is pretty much broke nowadays.

Sarah's disturbed about making Sophie's Choice-like decisions getting down to 25.
I hear THAT. Those last six or so I had to leave off of mine...painful. My only consolation is that, running the list, I get to see who picked up my slack and did vote for those beloved movies I somehow didn't have room for. You all will have to wait a couple months to see all those results.

But that is one way to help you through those tough choices at the end. You may not be voting for it, but I'll bet you somebody showed it some love. And it may well make the top hundred, even without your help.

It's a list, Mrs. Walker, it's a list....

Attachments

Name:	mrs. walker.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	16256