who should be the new James Bond?

Tools    

no american should play Bond in anyway, it would be like giving the franchise a slap, just no, its not rite, englishman, scotsman, irishman, all would be fine providing the accent wasnt to coarse

They should have quit/killed off bond ages ago, there is no need for new bond films, other than to fund the british movie industry for a little longer.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
no american should play Bond in anyway, it would be like giving the franchise a slap, just no, its not rite, englishman, scotsman, irishman, all would be fine providing the accent wasnt to coarse
Spidey Agrees

I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay. But i think he could do a good job. He's got a nice body, nice hair, good looking face.

http://www.atpictures.com/display.ph...g=rupert21.jpg

BANNED
Originally Posted by MuzikQueen79
I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay.

Other than the fact that he's gay.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. (real Seinfeld moment because this exact subject matter is where that phrase was started. . .on that show of course)
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by jrs
According to comingsoon.net, Pierce Brosnan will return for a fifth outing as British secret agent James Bond. The 21st film in MGM's spy series is being readied for a November 2005 release.
According to commanderbond.net, Brosnan will now NOT be returning to the role for Bond 21 in 2005 (http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/...s/2264-1.shtml)

In my opinion, while you know where you are with a Bond film, and it can feel as comfortable as time with an old friend, I think that if the franchise continues it should be updated.

If this is true and Brosnan is to be replaced may I suggest

Hugh Jackman
Clive Owen
Jason Isaacs

I 2nd that view. No americans or any other than the brit actors should be bond. But i am gonna say throw in colin farrel as bond. Bring a bit of bad boy to a new modern bond.

Although I LOVE Hugh Jackman....if he were Bond, then he couldn't be Wolverine
It's a toss up for me between Clive Owen and Gerard Butler...whew, they are definitely the Bond-ish type.

I read somewhere that they're trying to get Orlando Bloom to follow Brosnan as the next Bond. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is getting by on his looks alone, and not his real acting ability?

Everything I have seen him he has been bad. He definately shouldn't be bond, thats for sure. I still think they should stop making Bond films now.

The Bond films can always go backwards like Batman.

You can then have the possibilty of having two Bonds.

I think it would be interesting if the franchise delves not only into following the trail of the current films but also looks back at Bond's earlier years when he is has only just started out as an agent, or when he is about to join.

I too have heard Orlando Bloom's name mentioned and I also feel a bit dubious about it. Bloom doesn't have enough films under his name yet, nor has he proven himself for that style of character.

Anyone touted for the role has to have some immediate connection to England. I would much rather prefer an English actor but Scottish or Welsh are acceptable too. I know I said just an Englishman in an earlier reply but I'm open to some leniancy.

Names I would put are Sean Bean for an older Bond, although Clive Owen and Rufus Sewell are both growing on me, and I have yet to decided on who I would pick as a younger Bond.

Originally Posted by Philmster
They should have quit/killed off bond ages ago, there is no need for new bond films, other than to fund the british movie industry for a little longer.
i have to agree, but as they are gonna have more Bonds, i'd have to say i'd like to see Hugh Jackman as Bond, as many have said already.
but the media's saying that Orlando Bloom has a good chance to be the next bond, but seriously, that is wrong i mean he has the right looks accent and attitude, but he's too young and plus, who would go to see it except for teenage girls who would see anything with OB in it?

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
I read somewhere that they're trying to get Orlando Bloom to follow Brosnan as the next Bond. Is it just me or does anyone else think this guy is getting by on his looks alone, and not his real acting ability?
LOL too too true

I think Rupert Everett would be a good James Bond. Other than the fact that he's gay. But i think he could do a good job. He's got a nice body, nice hair, good looking face.

http://www.atpictures.com/display.ph...g=rupert21.jpg
Rupert it should be. He has appeal across continents. Lets face it Bond is not a charecter that can be carried on by an unknown actor anymore. I say let Rupert come in. And to state that he is gay - in what century are we living? I consider that as actors their personal lives must be cast aside.

In my opinion Bond is a legend, and if they keep producing new movies then the public will tire of him, so I feel he sould be retired.

I absolutely hated the last couple of Bond movies and that smarmy git Pierce Brosnan, so, unless Tarantino directs, he should be retired.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

abso-****in'-loutley!!!

Clive Owen

if you wanna see him at his best! watch the BMW short film, Star..

I think Colin Firth would make a good Bond...He has the stature, the age, and the accent...and is handsome too..
Just read that in the UK that he is their number one choice...not sure how true that is...so dont quote me...

i could see sean bean baing a bond if he dyed his hair darker.

but i guess that wouldnt really work because he was a villian in one of the movies