Movies with the worst DEUS EX MACHINA!!!

Tools    

For those of you who don't know-
Deus ex machina a plot device in which a person, group, or thing appears suddenly, and at the exactly appropriate moment, in order to conveniently and unexpectedly help a character overcome a previously believed insolvable difficulty

Just wondering which movies had the worst cases of this plot device. sometimes in movies, you can overlook it if it's reasonable enough or other components of the movie outweighs its logic.

feel free!

Does the kiss in The Matrix count?

A system of cells interlinked
In The Matrix films, the concept is portrayed in a physical form at the end of the series; literally a God from the Machine. The Wachowskis thought they were being cute, but, they weren't. It doesn't work very well, coming across as sophomoric and silly. Neo's bargin with um, God, is what allows him to win the fight against the Smith(s). It's the worst aspect of the series, IMO, as it made me realize I had wasted a bunch of time thinking about the junk philosophy behind the films, when the creators clearly had tongues firmly in cheeks as they attempted to escape the corner they had written themselves into. I still like the first flick, though.

How about Superman II? Clark gives up his powers, which he will never be able to get back, ever. Until the green crystal suddenly starts glowing just when he needs it the most. This is pretty bad, even though I love me some Superman movies. Turning back time also qualifies, methinks.
Star Trek : The Next Generation - Data. Deus Ex Machina built into a character. Reusable, malleable and believable in the context of the Star Trek universe. A machine God, Data seemed to save the day about 88% of the time... Good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Speaking of good...

Time Bandits - God just stops the action sets things right. Concise and brilliant use of the concept with comedy as one fo the clear intentions - a classic use of Deus Ex Machina.

We could do this all day! So many films qualify, I think...

Another bad one:

Jurassic Park - Don't you hate that part where the annoying kids are about to get eaten and a GIANT DINOSAUR suddenly appears right next to them! The T-Rex...that they could feel coming for miles earlier in the film, tip-toes inside the building and emerges to save them, just in the nick of time! Nice and quiet now...just sneak the giant, vicious, blood-rage driven behemoth around behind the small children to save them.

nice ones...how about in transformers 2 (yeah I know the whole movie sucks...) they send the only transformer in the history of transformers that has no weapons to get megan fox...wtf? very lame...I actually wanted her to die!

I think Dr Who at least the recent runs, have relied on it for every episode/season arc. Funnily enough think Terry Pratchett has recently written a piece saying just this

Employee of the Month
In The Matrix films, the concept is portrayed in a physical form at the end of the series; literally a God from the Machine. The Wachowskis thought they were being cute, but, they weren't. It doesn't work very well, coming across as sophomoric and silly. Neo's bargin with um, God, is what allows him to win the fight against the Smith(s). It's the worst aspect of the series, IMO, as it made me realize I had wasted a bunch of time thinking about the junk philosophy behind the films, when the creators clearly had tongues firmly in cheeks as they attempted to escape the corner they had written themselves into. I still like the first flick, though.
I couldn`t agree more with that.

Plus: The two sequels also failed in every other discipline

A person is smart. People are dumb
The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King: The Army of the Dead coming in at the end of the Battle of Pellenor Fields and basically wiping out the entire evil army, who still must be over 50,000 strong. This did not happen in the books, and just gives off the impression that all the lives that have been lost fighting the good old fashioned way were kinda in vain.

For those of you who don't know-
Deus ex machina a plot device in which a person, group, or thing appears suddenly, and at the exactly appropriate moment, in order to conveniently and unexpectedly help a character overcome a previously believed insolvable difficulty

Just wondering which movies had the worst cases of this plot device. sometimes in movies, you can overlook it if it's reasonable enough or other components of the movie outweighs its logic.

feel free!
My pick would be the P-51 Mustang that literally comes roaring in out of the blue to take out with rockets the German tank that's about to roll over Tom Hanks in Saving Pvt. Ryan. The rockets blow the tank to hell and gone but doesn't even muss Hanks' hair although in real life he would have been at ground zero of that explosion. Talk about your "smart" bombs!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
WARNING: "P-51" spoilers below
I wouldn't worry too much about that since Miller (Hanks) had already been fatally wounded and didn't last longer than two more minutes.
You do know you can do a hell of a lot with perspective when it comes to certain camera lenses?

Dream Catcher when Duddits reveals his true self at the end of the film.

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Klatuu helps the humans

[quote=mark f;620127]
WARNING: "P-51" spoilers below
I wouldn't worry too much about that since Miller (Hanks) had already been fatally wounded and didn't last longer than two more minutes.

Oh, I don't worry about it at all. Just another of many silly scenes in that film.

Welcome to the human race...
Would this count as a reverse Deus Ex Machina?
Remember all the shenanigans this led to?
I think the technical term would be Diabolus Ex Machina (which would substitute "devil" for "god"). In any case, I don't think it's as completely out of nowhere as it should be to qualify.

Eavesdropping important plot points/Voldemort scar stuff in every Harry Potter movie.

The TV show "The Mentalist" had a pretty awful finale.

The hero had spent the entire show tracking down the a dangerous serial killer with his own personal army of henchmen, and at the end he defeats him... with a pidgeon.

Not to mention before he dies, the killer (Red John) becomes a huge b*tch and tries to dial 9/11.

Welcome to the human race...
Eavesdropping important plot points/Voldemort scar stuff in every Harry Potter movie.
So many things in the Harry Potter series qualify, it's ridiculous.