The Most Suspensful Movie of All-Time

Tools    

What i mean is , i want you guys to pick that ultimate movie where you just cant blink until you find out what happens next. For me it has to go to......

Se7en

The sixth sense or the silence of the lambs

The flicks that I'm gonna mention are not what I think are the best thrillers ever made nor the best films that happen to contain suspenseful moments. I'm posting what the topic specifies: the most suspenseful movie(s) I've ever seen, and some of my picks may sound ridiculous to others, but hey, what the heck:
Assault on Precinct 13
The China Syndrome -
breathtaking, nail-biting, staggering tension. The ending held me in its grip so tight I thought I was gonna burst.
Dog Day Afternoon
Key Largo -
The most exiting suspense doesn't kick in until the film's ending, but when it does, it packs a wallop.
The Killing

Misery
I'd also like to throw in an honorable mention for Phone Booth. Yeah, it may have had its problems, but it kept me glued to the edge of my seat for an hour and a half.

I know the topic implies that we're only supposed to choose one, but I just couldn't.

Se7en was the first movie that came to mind when I saw this thread, but upon further reflection (of, like, say, 5 minutes), I think there are a couple of others that vie for the title. Both by The Master himself.

Vertigo (1958)
Not my favorite Hitch, but it is damned suspenseful.

Rear Window (1954)
This, on the other hand, is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies. There are a couple of scenes where you can't help but hold your breath,

I would second the Rear Window mention. Suspense at it's finest, I saw. I really like Seven, but I didn't find it as suspenseful as most did, save for a few sequences. Suspenseful films that spring to mind are a lot of horrors, to me. Like Switchblade Romance and A Nightmare On Elm Street.

For non horror films, I felt that This Is England had a lot of suspense. Even now after watching it many times my chest tenses up.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The Sixth Sense was only suspenseful when it was first released. The general public, having seen it or not, knows the plot twist. A person that saw it when it was first released would be more shocked about how it ends rather than a person seeing it for the first time today.

Of course, that can be said about many suspenseful films. However, with The Sixth Sense, the twist is what made the movie special.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I figured out what was going on in The Sixth Sense about 15 minutes into the movie so it was kind of a let down for me... Frailty and Angel Heart both kept my attention from beginning to end so are very high on my list... (how on earth do you narrow this down to one?)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Banned from Hollywood.
a lot to mention.

Se7en is surely one of them like you said..the Empire Strikes Back is up there..i could mention a lot of obscure films as well but i cant think of any right now ..a few hitchcock movies like Psycho and Vertigo...

I saw a Teshigahara movie recently from 1966 and that's right up there as a really suspensful movie as well.

Happy New Year from Philly!
Diabolique. 1955

Here's the trailer. The trailer is a little cheesy and old fashioned but the movie is great. Except no substitutes. The remake with Sharon Stone is terrible due mostly to her dreadful acting.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3700556057/

A little trivia tidbit. The character of the detective in this movie inspired the TV show Colombo.

Diabolique. 1955

Here's the trailer. The trailer is a little cheesy and old fashioned but the movie is great. Except no substitutes. The remake with Sharon Stone is terrible due mostly to her dreadful acting.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3700556057/

A little trivia tidbit. The character of the detective in this movie inspired the TV show Colombo.
I agree with this choice. Diabolique is one of my favorite films and incredibly suspenseful.

I didn't think the remake was terrible. It wasn't good, but one of those that's easy to watch for its senseless provision of entertainment. I disagree about Sharon Stone's performance though, I think she's always pretty good with those femme fatale roles, and I think that the acting was the best part of the remake, the film itself just failed to captivate and thrill as well as the original.

I already listed mine, but I guess since it's not getting amy mention so far, I'll add
I've seen The Innocents, but it's been a while since. Honestly, I didn't care for it. I suppose it's due time for a re-watch though.

I do agree with Jaws.

Diabolique. 1955

Agreed. Les Diaboliques is an outstanding movie. Elsewhere I've said that Clouzot out-Hitchcocks Hitchcock, a statement that I still stand by.

Making a difference
Phone booth all the way . Though, I am looking forward to seeing Se7en, does sounds like a thrilling film with all I hear.