Favourite portrayal of God

Tools    

A person is smart. People are dumb
Obviously it is difficult to portray God in film, as everyone has a different idea of what (S)He may look like. What I'd like to know is which film has your favourite portrayal. My personal favourites are the mysterious prisoner in Bedazzled (remake) and the Burning Bush in The Prince of Egypt.

P.S. I know that this is a controversial subject, and I do not wish this thread to become a debate on the existence of God. Please refrain from making it so.

Welcome to the human race...
I have to hand it to Dogma's representation of God - a woman in weird clothes whose voice is capable of making your head explode and who acts funny.

In other words, Alanis Morrissette.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Couldn't have put it any better.

Sundance, I'll agree with your choice of the inmate from Bedazzled. This is something that isn't tackled in too many films.

Iro mentioned Dogma's portrayal, a la, Alanis. There's also:
  • Bruce/Evan Almighty - Morgan Freeman
  • Oh God! - George Burns
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Animated figure
To name a few, but again, God is more of a taboo subject matter and most steer clear of any biblical references to avoid protest.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'll echo The Prince of Egypt. Very underrated flick, by the way. Holds up pretty well. Still got one of the songs stuck in my head.

I'll echo Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty, too, not because it was particularly well-rounded or even serious, but because a little light theology actually manages to sneak its way into the screenplay.

"How do I get people to love me without affecting Free Will?"
"Welcome to my world. You find an answer to that, you let me know."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yep. I remember another thread like this because I posted the Holy Grail God (without the putdown) and Mrs. Darcy posted George Burns in Oh, God!.

Hands Down!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

You want to post like me?
I have to hand it to Dogma's representation of God - a woman in weird clothes whose voice is capable of making your head explode and who acts funny.

Welcome to the human race...
As much as I like the film, meat, I think that answer's more of a matter of personal interpretation than a concrete portrayal.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Monty Python & The Holy Grail no doubt.

I kinda liked the way they portrayed God in Switch... unseen... but with two voices - male and female...

Also, my memory is very sketchy on this one, but wasn't "God" in Time Bandits?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Totally agree with George Burns...awesome!!!

Yep. I remember another thread like this because I posted the Holy Grail God (without the putdown) and Mrs. Darcy posted George Burns in Oh, God!.