Do you recommend blair witch project ?

→ in
Tools    

Well blair witch project doesn't makes sense at all....it is a documentary of a stupid things that has no benefits to anyone but a tragic life....That movie is not well recommended for me because some kids might imitate it and misunderstood everything....And the movie is not that impressive...
I will translate the argument for those who find it too confusing of comprehend, but remember that I am only the translator.

The premise of this movie made no sense to me for the following reasons. First off I dont think subject matter is worth documenting on film. Why would anyone want to create or watch an indepth report that covers the local superstitions of a small town in Maryland, involving the disappearance of children from a village after a woman was accused of witchcraft & put to death in 1785, not to mention the reports of a serial killer in 1940 who says he was ordered by the spirit of that witch to abduct two children at a time & kill them.
So why would anyone, even three dumb ass film students want to make a documentary that involves them talking to the small town dopes who have never left Maryland, then traipsing the woods in autumn & sleeping outside in tents while it is 30 degrees outside for two or three days to go around film random rock formation that have been given cheesy names like,'Coffin Rock' by the rednecks that live in that town.
If the legend isn't true, then the only thing you have accomplished is walking around the wood during the day, smelling like high hell from sweating and having no access to a shower. Then you freeze your ass off at night while sleep on the hard ground & it is even worse for a girl cause she is stuck trying to sleep between two men who fart all night in there sleep & for what... 36 hours of film of some rocks, some sticks, maybe some fallen leaves & if the legend turns out to be true then you are going to die, so what is the benefit?

Ok, now that I am done translating for everyone I will share my opinion on 'The Blair Witch Project.' It is a scary movie if you watch at your house alone or with your boyfriend or girlfriend, because the movie doesn't work as well in theaters amongst a large crowd because... well I guess there is no better way to address it... well because stupid people aren't going to be infuenced by the psychological trepidation which is the key component that makes this movie so scary & if you have access to a great sound system you can use to watch this movie then it becomes much more intense due to the found sounds of children laughing, playing, & screaming.

Yet, I dont necesserily disagree with Psyche's opinion either.
Why make up some dopey legend about a witch, a serial killer, & children disappearing when there are several great legends throughout the eastern united states that you could have used as your premise & made this movie much more intense if they used documented folklore such as,'The Bell Witch' incident in Adams, Tennessee. Where over a four year span the Bell Family were allegedly under assault by a spirit for four years & is arguably the most famous & documented haunting in American History.

Also it was the inspiration for the 2005 motion picture,'An American Haunting.' Which was horrid, because Courtney Solomon was too retarded to see that this is the one haunting that you didn't have to change or exaggerate because reading about it on Wikipedia is scary.

Yes, I recommend the film.
I thought the film was pretty intense at the end.
The end disturbed me.

I think its your post that doesn't make much sense at all. care to clarify on what ever you were trying to say
My point is...I hate that movie and I don't want to recommend it...for more reasons:

1. The movie did not past in my criteria because it is boring and non sense.

2. It has no good effect to the viewer.

3. False documentary.

4. What is the real essence of it, performing that project is obviously dangerous but they still do that things. Don't you think that is a kind of stupidity???

Mild and syntactically ambiguous spoiler warning!

1. The movie did not past in my criteria because it is boring and non sense.

2. It has no good effect to the viewer.

3. False documentary.

4. What is the real essence of it, performing that project is obviously dangerous but they still do that things. Don't you think that is a kind of stupidity???
1. The movie futures my qualitative quantification scale. You need to stop living in the past and enjoy this film.

2. It scared me and then I lost a night of sleep imagining a woman with a cow's head. Hmm, maybe you're right.

3. True fiction.

4. Presumably they didn't actually believe going into the project. I think this is a reasonable premise that turned out to be mistaken. Oops!

The movie plain and simple just sucks! period!

The movie plain and simple just sucks! period!
Can you elaborate? Exclamation mark.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

If he had any further insight on the matter, I think we'd have heard it already.
I wanted to read his response. For some reason the way he put an exclamation mark after the word "period" awakened some sort of rabid demon inside of me.

Rabid Demon

I've never seen it. I always avoided it, actually. I thought it looked stupid. My sister has had it for a long time, so I went ahead and got it from her, once I saw this thread. I was actually looking through it just the other day. I suppose I will watch it for Halloween.

The last half hour or so was intensely frightening.
Other than that, it seemed to be a home movie of a bunch of kids lost in the woods yelling at each other.

"You lost the map?"
"I didn't lose the map."
"Where's the MAP???"
"Okay, so maybe I lost the map."
"Aaaaaaagh!!!"
"AAAAAAGH!!!"

...and so on.

Is it a good movie? Well no, it's not exactly good. It's barely even a movie. Did it scare me? Yes, and probably more than anything I've ever seen in a theater.

The Blair Witch Project is more like a conceptual art piece than a film. If you pick apart its structure, performances and storyline you will be sorely disappointed. Even worse is all the external elements it depends on: when it was seen, the past experiences of the viewer, even the time of day that you're watching it. If all of these things don't add up, the experience will likely fail.

Me, I saw this on opening night before it got beat with the hype-stick. That helped. It also helped that it was October, it was dark outside and I had to drive home alone down a dead-end dirt road to the cabin where I lived. It helped that on the way an owl jumped up and flew right over my windshield. It helped that I've wandered lost through the woods in the same part of the country it was filmed in. It helped that I do believe I've seen ghosts and other spooky things in my lifetime. When I think about The Blair Witch Project, I don't think about the movie so much as I do the night I saw it. It's like this harrowing experience that I went through.

On the technical end, the only piece of artistry I think exists in the movie is the exquisite sound, which is where most of the budget went. Otherwise I will never defend or critique it and it will never make any of my 'great films' lists. That and I'm certain it won't hold up to a second viewing. But scare the living crap out of me it did.

So, meatwad, have you watched it yet?

I echo the sentiments of support for this film already voiced by my fellow MoFos. At the time it was done there was nothing else remotely like it. In today's world we're saturated with 'reality' television and the mocumentary/documentary is an accepted if not widely used technique that most viewers are familiar with. I'm not sure if that will lessen the effect for new viewers of the film but I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

I love this movie. The last 30 minutes or so scared me in a different way than I'd ever been scared. With the format being what it is, and the actors being like people you probably know, the magic of the film happens in the way that the viewer is naturally involved in the sequence of events.

It's really quite a clever piece of celluloid. Give it a try.

It wouldn't be hard at all to get turned off by this movie, because where you watch it is crucial to the end results.

If you watch the movie on a 18 inch television will only two mono speakers, of course it will suck. After reading all the hype when it originally was released I went to see it in a theater & I thought it was the biggest prank in american history.

It wasn't until I had the money to afford a HDTV & Home THX that I finally realized, why it was considered to be so good. Watching in that enviroment, all those crazy children laughing it was disorienting to me.

Never the less, anyone who does love the movie can't deny that it takes forever & a day for anything really spooky to happen, so it is understandable if people don't enjoy the movie.

Also, What the hell was up with 'Book of Shadows'?

When I first saw it in 1999, I thought it was interesting, a little creepy, and that certain scenes were funny. But it didn't really grab a hold of me.

I watched it a few years ago and liked it more. I own it and talking about it makes me wanna go watch it later now.

I guess the REALLY creepy scene is the very last one.

Two months after I saw it in the theatre, I went to Burkittsville, MD. and stopped by the cemetary and visited a woman (who later appeared in the beginning of Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows) that was selling sticks made into the Blair Witch symbol, rocks, post cards, as well as colorful blankets that she had knitted... I remember getting one for my as yet unborn niece.

Anyway, I recommend the movie.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I went to Burkittsville, MD. and stopped by the cemetary and visited a woman (who later appeared in the beginning of Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows) that was selling sticks made into the Blair Witch symbol, rocks, post cards, as well as colorful blankets that she had knitted... I remember getting one for my as yet unborn niece.
Remind me to give you a miss when I'm officially accepting bribes in the competition to find a Godparent for a future Tattette. Tucking the poor kid up in a Blair Witch blanket? Have mercy, oh Sexy One!!!

As to the film itself; I quite like it.

I haven't seen it yet - due to : i just really hate the horror genre

Eventually i'll give it a chance : but most horror movies are god awfull , or scare the crap out of me when im trying to go to sleep or something

I haven't even seen the excorcist and the theme to it scares me !

I haven't seen it yet - due to : i just really hate the horror genre

Eventually i'll give it a chance : but most horror movies are god awfull , or scare the crap out of me when im trying to go to sleep or something

I haven't even seen the excorcist and the theme to it scares me !
Maybe you should ease into the genre. I agree there are a lot of bad horror films out there, but there are also some good ones that aren't too scary. The first one that popped into mind when I read your post was Fright Night. It's got some horror and humor thrown in. The Frighteners is also good. Shaun of the Dead is flat out terrific, too. None of these is what I would call terrifying, and all are good.

Oh, and check out some of Vincent Price's stuff, like The House on Haunted Hill, The Pit and the Pendulum, and Theatre of Blood.

Sorry, but I love turning people on to good horror movies.

I think more than almost any other movie, The Blair Witch ' needs to be seen in the proper setting and with the proper attitude. If you start off expecting a terrible film you will probably be rewarded, however if you are looking for innovation and a damn good ending to a suspenseful film then you will likewise be rewarded ......in spades.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've kept myself out of this thread on purpose. My brother, and, obviously, millions of others, went out and watched this at the theatre, repeatedly, when it came out. It was a smash. I steered clear since I already knew the whole thing was bogus and probably meant for younger viewers.

When I rented it on DVD, I watched it twice. It was boring both times and got more boring as it went along. My overall impression of it is that it's one of the worst films I've ever seen, mostly because it is basically nothing, and my only rationalization for it being a hit was that people on the Net made it a communal experience, almost along the lines of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but without the time it takes to make a cult movie.

I have heard many older, "rational" people explain how scary it was to them, but I find it difficult to believe that I will ever feel it was more than an amateurish scam job on ignorant teenagers. Sorry.

P.S. If you were "scared out of your gourd" by the film, don't listen to my "insane" babblings.

Maybe you should ease into the genre. I agree there are a lot of bad horror films out there, but there are also some good ones that aren't too scary. The first one that popped into mind when I read your post was Fright Night. It's got some horror and humor thrown in. The Frighteners is also good. Shaun of the Dead is flat out terrific, too. None of these is what I would call terrifying, and all are good.

Oh, and check out some of Vincent Price's stuff, like The House on Haunted Hill, The Pit and the Pendulum, and Theatre of Blood.

Sorry, but I love turning people on to good horror movies.
Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies - and i've seen a couple zombie movies (george romeo mostly)