The Blair Witch Project

→ in
Tools    

I watched It a few years back and it is a good buildup movie for sure but I dont find it all that scary.The Blair Witch Project was a rip off of "The Last Broadcast" and I find The Last Broadcast a whole lot better except for the ending it was a let down but other than that Its all good.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
For me and I did watch it at home, the hype was too big first of all.

Second the story made no sense.

Third and this is key: Shaky cam.

Last but not least, constant crying and snot.

For me and I did watch it at home, the hype was too big first of all.
I may have been in your shoes if I saw it after the hype. I caught it on opening night actually and had no clue what the hell I was seeing except the movie was done from a video recorder. But then again, the ending ticked me off so it sort of grew on me a bit after I thought back on the story.

Second the story made no sense.
I'm one of the few people who enjoyed this as much if not better than the first.

Third and this is key: Shaky cam.
Got a tad annoying there but being a camcorder, I more accepted it than not on that basis alone unlike the shaky cam routine without that reason.

Last but not least, constant crying and snot.
Ok, that was just funny to read.

The Blair Witch Project was a good effin' movie. My friend's cousin was telling us about it at the beach while we were going through this forest part at night and the way he explained the story was almost scarier than the movie its self. I'll be honest, I thought it was fo' reals when I saw it. DANG IT!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I like it. Creative, unique, if a tad annoying in places. I went to see it with a fairly large group of people, and the whole theater was into it. Fun! I think maybe one or two cats from our posse didn't get down wid' it.

Say, I think some Pimp slid down into my post from above....

DANG!

Yeah, I like it. Creative, unique, if a tad annoying in places. I went to see it with a fairly large group of people, and the whole theater was into it. Fun! I think maybe one or two cats from our posse didn't get down wid' it.

Say, I think some Pimp slid down into my post from above....

DANG!
DANG IT!

This film was very good and atmospheric.

But what really rankled me was the hysteria about it all.

I saw that a lot of people turned up for the test run and were very excited. When the film ended, they DELIBRATELY were horrified and many put on the fake tears to get publicity. Thats Americans for you! I have never seen so much hysteria since The Exorcist came out.

After a year of my obsessive search for the truth, it turns out to be a hoax, as the girl Heather, who went missing and presumed dead in 1994, turned up in the movie Boys and Girls.... in 2000.

They went "missing" in 1994, why was'nt this footage found earlier??

But one question remains: How could you get the whole town of Burkitsville to lie??
The police gotta know about this? A lot of people to imprision for fraud!

I loved Blair Witch. My brother and I visited all the web sites and got really into it. Good old fashioned sit around the campfire let yourself be scared kinda story. Really have to let yourself go and be dragged into what is going on in the movie. Love the ending. Had nightmares for 5 days afterwards. Second one was aweful.

This film was very good and atmospheric.

But what really rankled me was the hysteria about it all.

I saw that a lot of people turned up for the test run and were very excited. When the film ended, they DELIBRATELY were horrified and many put on the fake tears to get publicity. Thats Americans for you! I have never seen so much hysteria since The Exorcist came out.

After a year of my obsessive search for the truth, it turns out to be a hoax, as the girl Heather, who went missing and presumed dead in 1994, turned up in the movie Boys and Girls.... in 2000.

They went "missing" in 1994, why was'nt this footage found earlier??

But one question remains: How could you get the whole town of Burkitsville to lie??
The police gotta know about this? A lot of people to imprision for fraud!
So let me get this straight...

You spent an entire year trying to figure out what was going on with this film?

Wow

I mean, it took me all of about 30 minutes to figure that out. Did you actually think this was real? Fake tears for publicity? I'll ask you to start making sense, please.

Hey! Guess what? SANTA CLAUS isn't real!!!!

I know... Get a hold of yourself, because there's more...

The Easter Bunny?

Not real.

I know, I know! Crazy, huh?

As for getting the whole town to lie... and since you clearly missed it... Those people were actors. It lists them as such on the ultra secret, incredibly clandestine website, IMDB. I had to work for years using 128 bit encryption code slicers, black ice, ice cooled rod logic compilers, and a kazoo that I got with three proofs of purchase from Lucky Charms. Alas, their security was no match for me, and I finally uncovered the global mystery of some D-list hacks that once starred in a low budget horror film.

Feast your eyes upon the fruits of my toil.

Blair Witch - IMBD

Oh man....a year? That's a good one...

I know I would feel like a total chode if I did that.

sorry to say pagerok but you just got owned

to this day along with the Shining its the only movie that still scares me after watching it so many times.
To this day, along with The Shining, it's the only movie that annoys the ever-loving crap out of me.

(Except for the last half hour which, I'll agree, was some pretty scary stuff).

Like I said "Thats Americans for you", meaning Americans go so over the top, eg Pearl Harbor, and most other war movies, does USA think it won WW2 all by itself?

Bigotted bastards, you and your ****ing stars and stripes!

I did'nt put the effects in, i really mean't to put the f word

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
When I first saw this film I hated it. Granted I was like 12 at the time. Now I can respect the film for what it set out to do and accomplished. Although, I wouldn't call it as original as others do.

BWP had the right formula at the right time, Cannibal Holocaust had this idea years before but BWP seemed to hit the market at the right time. The reason why it was so successful was no doubt the marketing.

The reason why it never scared me o effected me in the way it did everyone else was because I watched it in my basement....and was annoyed at the fact that it was all from these crappy cameras. I didn't 'get' it till later. Although I wouldn't say you have to be in a theatre to appreciate it.

My sound Theory teacher (who works in the industry) told us how he first watched it. Editing the sound for a film with his friend at 3 in the morning after smoking some weed. Some friend comes in and gives them a VHS tape with no markings on it (before it was released in thatres I think, or at least before ANYONE ever heard about it) Suffice to say it scared the crap out of him.

I just wish I could of had a similiar feeling with a scary flick.

Suspect's Reviews

sorry to say pagerok but you just got owned
Let's see I didn't believe the movie was real and I still managed to enjoy it? Yeah, I a real dildo. Thanks for pointing it out.

Like I said "Thats Americans for you", meaning Americans go so over the top, eg Pearl Harbor, and most other war movies, does USA think it won WW2 all by itself?

Bigotted bastards, you and your ****ing stars and stripes!
First of all, I hated Pearl Harbor, and so did a lot of other people in our bigoted country.

Notice the spelling, genius.

That said, which country are you hailing from? I would like to make some uneducated, sweeping generalizations about a country I probably know next to nothing about, you know, like you are doing.

War movies?

How much crack do you smoke each day? Please, let us in on the amount, because you make very little sense, and clearly have trouble focusing on the subject at hand, which was a film called The Blair Witch Project, which had absolutely nothing to do with war, in any way, at all.

It's funny, you spew some sanctimonious Bull$hit about bigots, and yet, of all the people responding in this thread, you are clearly the bigot.

You are also in violation of forum TOS.

Sayonara

That's Japanese, BTW, and I think it means something along the lines of "Don't let the door hit you in your uneducated ass."