What's Your Life Story?

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Tell in as many or as few words as you like. Just give us some information.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'll share mine later, but right now, I'd like to share Holden Pike's life story.

Holden went out into the World and was rejected by everyone. He was so hurt, that he now lives in his basement, with his computer, his cat, a bottle of lotion, and his right hand.

He now attacks others through his computer hoping they never find out who he is.

The end.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Crikey! Here's what I can remember anyway. This is as frank as you'll probably ever find me in public...Ohhh Betty!

Born in Belfast, Jan 6th 1973. Parents split up when I was 5 and my mother took us to live in County Tyrone (her homeland) about 60 miles away.

I went to school in Omagh (left in 1991) and headed off to England for University (1st class honours: English Lang & Lit, that's enough of the bragging). I stumbled around in a few bands while at Uni and for a couple of years after but we weren't exactly wonderful. During holiday time I worked in a daycentre for adults with learning difficulties, still the most rewarding job I've done.

I met my future ex-wife in 1991 as well and we married soon after graduating (she was on my course) in '94. I got a job in the Motor Trade at this time which greatly disappointed my family who felt I should be 'doing something' with my degree, but where does an Arts degree take you anyway?

The first kid came along in '96 and it was then when I decided to follow my wife into teaching so I did a year's Post Grad course and qualified as a Primary School teacher in 1997. 18 months of crap pay and ballache later I was back selling cars, first for Land Rover then Ford. At this time I somehow managed to get roped into Victim Support counselling, though quite why crime victims would appreciate a car salesman offering them a shoulder to cry on is beyond me. My position was never abused, however, no matter what state of car they were driving and I want that to go down on record!

I love the motor trade - getting paid to talk to people is the easiest thing in the world to me.

The three of us moved to Ireland in 2002, back home for me but a complete change of culture for my Essex girl wife. The reasons for the move were twofold - I was desperate to set up my own business and we'd been having a few marriage problems and felt a fresh start was needed. It was then that my back problems started to get worse, but I paid them no mind and grafted on... (daft git )

2003 was rough. The marriage wasn't going well and I was having to take longer and longer periods off work as the doctors had diagnosed 4 crumbling discs in my lumbar spine and a wearing hip joint. Chronic pain is what they call it, but I prefer to call it Gladys.

We had our second child in early 2004 which seemed to put a cap on the marriage. By the time he was born we were practically living seperate lives, just under the same (mortgaged to the hilt) roof. The whole thing fizzled out that summer as the constant arguing was doing none of us any good and she moved back to live with her folks in England (taking the kids with her) a few months later. The hardest part is my son and daughter living in another country but I try and see them as often as possible and it'll get easier when they're old enough to travel safely on their own.

By early 2005 my back was getting worse so I took the decision to get out of the motor trade, cut my losses by selling my stock (the house was already on the market as we'd agreed to split the profits and it held nothing but bad memories for me anyway) and going back into teaching, private tuition to be exact, which would be less of a strain on the old health. As luck would have it I'd already bought a little place in town with a view to renting it out so, instead of moving tenants in, I relocated there/here instead.

Downsizing, I think it's called. The work doesn't pay as well but I have no mortgage to worry about and now drive a more economical motor.

This year's been a bit stop-start as I've had to take a few months complete rest but I hope to be taking on students again come September.

I've loved my life so far - there's been massive highs (in quite a few ways) and massive lows but I've had a whale of a time surfing the peaks and paddling out of the troughs. A couple of mates are even making noises about setting up a garage but I've got to decide whether it's worth my while sinking what's left of my savings into something which could very well go arse over the proverbial.

Chapter two should be interesting - I might even buy a new walking stick.

Timeline of my Life:

1981: Purandara88, the single greatest human to ever live, was born

2009: Purandara88 conquers the world, initiating the Fourth Reich.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Purandara88
Timeline of my Life:

1981: Purandara88, the single greatest human to ever live, was born

2009: Purandara88 conquers the world, initiating the Fourth Reich.
Minutes after your conquer the world, you recieve a super kick from me.

And then I rule. Period.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

On July 6th, 1988 I came out of my mommys vagina and lived for just over 18 wonderful years. That's a pretty good life so far I imagine.

www.forumninja.com
1981 - Born in Dallas, TX

1995 - Left Texas for Cali

1999 - Graduated high school in Oak Park, CA. Went off to CSUN to get a BA in English while simultaneously drinking myself to an early death with the resident fraternity.

2002 - Graduated college in Northridge, CA and went to work selling navigation equipment to the military via Woodland Hills, CA.

2003 - Realized what a ****ty job I had and started working on my MA degree part-time while working.

2005 - Graduated with my MA and ran off to get my Ph.D. at the University of Minnesota.

2006 - The Year I Make Contact! (couldn't leave this thread without a movie reference)

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Originally Posted by Purple_Panther
On July 6th, 1988 I came out of my mommys vagina and lived for just over 18 wonderful years. That's a pretty good life so far I imagine.
Your mommy doesn't have a vagina.

I was born pushing my way through, but they kept pushing me back in.

And then when I was 5 I got stitches on my arm because I punched a window. I was playing power rangers.

And then when I was 6 I saw my first gun. I loved guns now.

When I was 12 I shot my first gun.

When I was 18 I killed my first person.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
...During holiday time I worked in a daycentre for adults with learning difficulties, still the most rewarding job I've done.
Jeez. You're a saint!

Chronic pain is what they call it, but I prefer to call it Gladys.
Wait til Gladys hears this!

I was born in Las Vegas, and within weeks, I moved to Ohio, my parents bought a farm, and my father bought THE farm (motorcycles are dangerous, kids!). Mom remarried when I was 3, to a man who thought little girls shouldn't have opinions.

Heh!

I grew up in Ohio, mormon, overachiever and wrapped really freaking tight. When I was 14, I told my parents that I wanted to be an actress. They dropped their forks in disapproval.

I went to BYU, for a year, returning home just in time for my friend Johnny da Priest to drag me down to an old old theater that he was helping to fix up for use by a children's theater company. <BAM!> Everything changed. I married the lead actor in the company, two years later. I got a degree in theater. I did roles I'd seen done and was dying to do, won awards, got calls from people I didn't know, asking me to go work with them. I started an interactive murder mystery theater company with friends. I have been poisoned, stabbed, shot, strangled, had my throat slit and a stake through my heart. Not on the same night.

I spent three summers away from home, doing outdoor theater. Every summer, it got harder to go back home in August, and long story short, I got my own apartment after the last summer away, and eventually moved cross-country, by myself, to Los Angeles.

I've been here for 8 years. I love LA, love the life I have made for myself. I'm at a strange crossroads, though. I've done what I wanted to do with my life. I've met my goals. And I'm only 40. I have another 40 to go, most likely, and no clear idea what I want to do with it. I am looking forward to finding out.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I have been poisoned, stabbed, shot, strangled, had my throat slit and a stake through my heart. Not on the same night.
That is awesome! Good luck with your next 40 (and hopefully more).

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I was born in Las Vegas, and within weeks, I moved to Ohio, my parents bought a farm, and my father bought THE farm (motorcycles are dangerous, kids!). Mom remarried when I was 3, to a man who thought little girls shouldn't have opinions.

Heh!

I grew up in Ohio, mormon, overachiever and wrapped really freaking tight. When I was 14, I told my parents that I wanted to be an actress. They dropped their forks in disapproval.

I went to BYU, for a year, returning home just in time for my friend Johnny da Priest to drag me down to an old old theater that he was helping to fix up for use by a children's theater company. <BAM!> Everything changed. I married the lead actor in the company, two years later. I got a degree in theater. I did roles I'd seen done and was dying to do, won awards, got calls from people I didn't know, asking me to go work with them. I started an interactive murder mystery theater company with friends. I have been poisoned, stabbed, shot, strangled, had my throat slit and a stake through my heart. Not on the same night.

I spent three summers away from home, doing outdoor theater. Every summer, it got harder to go back home in August, and long story short, I got my own apartment after the last summer away, and eventually moved cross-country, by myself, to Los Angeles.

I've been here for 8 years. I love LA, love the life I have made for myself. I'm at a strange crossroads, though. I've done what I wanted to do with my life. I've met my goals. And I'm only 40. I have another 40 to go, most likely, and no clear idea what I want to do with it. I am looking forward to finding out.
Crikey, that makes my life look awfully dull.

You western people with your interesting life stories *envy*

So here is my story(i'll make it quick)

On March 17th 1988 a boy was born in a local hospital in Plovdiv Bulgaria

He had not so intersesting life so far.Still living in Plovdiv.
In 2005 he decides that he wants to become a movie director(and thats his life dream) but as every story has a bad charecter in his case is his evil mother who "wants the best for him"(yeah right!)
and laughed at him when he told her that he wants to go to Sofia(the capital city) and study in Drama university "NATFIZ" and he is stuck here with his parents and studing Biology and Chemistry for Medicin University

The End

Originally Posted by B-card
You western people with your interesting life stories *envy*

So here is my story(i'll make it quick)

On March 17th 1988 a boy was born in a local hospital in Plovdiv Bulgaria

He had not so intersesting life so far.Still living in Plovdiv.
In 2005 he decides that he wants to become a movie director(and thats his life dream) but as every story has a bad charecter in his case is his evil mother who "wants the best for him"(yeah right!)
and laughed at him when he told her that he wants to go to Sofia(the capital city) and study in Drama university "NATFIZ" and he is stuck here with his parents and studing Biology and Chemistry for Medicin University

The End
I don't know what a Bulgarian accent sounds like, so your posts now sound Russian, in my head. Don't worry that you're not studying what you want to study, right now. There are as many routes into the entertainment biz as there are people in it. More than a few actors, singers and directors have degrees in medicine (Rick Springfield), business (Bruce Willis), etc.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Born: Essex. Family quickly fled to London.

Early Education:
Chirpy. Liked to suck pencil sharpeners.

Middle Education:
Moody. Liked to suck cigarettes. And dip head into drugs.

Work Experience: Surprised then editor of Times into spilling coffee over self. (Due to looking like Kurt Cobain's dead cousin. And being accidentally wired on caffeine 'derived' from free samples of gurana gum). Was energetic worker. Called co-worker every swearword i knew on second day. Got full marks in final appraisal for everything except appearance.

Uni:
Still moody. Got naked both indoors and outdoors. Played drums in bands that didn't drive audiences away (too often). Hosted blues-n-funk show on uni radio - moodily. Took drugs at inappropriate moments. (There proved to be many opportunities for this). Managed to sit several wrong exams. Managed to pass degree, with varying degrees of success.

*Remembered that Arts degree = useless for work*

First main job:
Allowed old women to grab thighs and legless men to kiss hand. Hoisted woman called Freda onto toilet at least 20 times a day. Served woman called Freda tea at least 20 times a day. Avoided the large slashing toenails of 20-stone woman called Jo - she of the witch's white hair and eye (and cackle - which was not white). Broke up fights about who was who's mother. Agreed that warm newspapers were strange. Agreed that i would stop the bus near the village green.

Second main job:
Balanced on chair-mounted desks to reach back of the class. Fell on students with some regularity. Head-butted white board with some theatricality. Then went to Spain. Supposedly profiled troubled children psychologically. Actually helped them. Definitely failed to write it up properly. Avoided the little twins with the matching flick knives.

'Artistic sojourn no1':
Wrote terrible typical stoner-travel-movie script while living in Seville's heroin/red-light/mugging district. Thursday's transvestite hookers may make it into later script.

'Artistic sojourn no2':
Worked in Brighton, but spent far more time writing absurd comedy series on other people's sofas. (Also fairly rubbish - also ended up being a practice run rather than a success story )

*Stopped smoking ludicrous amounts of ganja on a daily basis*

Media jobs:
Lacky in various roles over last 3 years. Completed other silly 'not-for-profit' projects on the side, including silly short films and silly radio script (deemed to be too silly). Sat back and watched money roll towards other people.

Most recent act: Became thirty and wondered why i'm pacing the guts of the media beast. And when i'm gonna finish any of my latest silly projects

www.forumninja.com
TPAM is really young.

Whoops, wrong thread.