The Movie Club Selection Poll

Tools    

Which of these movies do you want to watch in the new Movie Club?
34.29%
12 votes
Rashomon
11.43%
4 votes
Around The Bend
17.14%
6 votes
Heaven Can Wait (1943)
28.57%
10 votes
The Conversation
8.57%
3 votes
Maria Full of Grace
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Lets put a smile on that block
It's at the top of my list. I can't wait to watch Rashomonono...

A system of cells interlinked
But....Rashomon lost .....

The Conversation has six votes, so that's the film we watch, right?

Somebody voted after Sammy picked, I suppose. I'm open for either.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I also

I own them both.... I do think Rashomon will be fun to talk about, though... Already pulled my copy, ready to watch it....

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Somebody voted after Sammy picked, I suppose. I'm open for either.
It was 5-5 when I noticed the vote this morning but I'll go with Roshoman...ermmm.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
At the end of the 3 day voting period, Rashoman was up by one, because I had switched my vote after people complained about finding Around the Bend. Since whoever voted late didn't post to say anything about it, I'm guessing it was somebody who's just goofing around.

Besides, I already watched Rashomon the other night and am planning a second viewing this weekend. Having seen it, I'm STOKED to talk about it. It's really excellent!

Okay then, Rashômon it is.

I'll watch it this weekend...and a couple of more times to boot.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
it was somebody who's just goofing around.
I'm not goofing around... I just picked the one I felt like the most, I haven't really paid attention.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Rashomon is so cool. I wached it three times when I bought it. I watched the "walk into the woods" abut ten times after that.... Then I read the cool little book that came with my most excellent Criterion Collection edition of the film. Then I watched Ran, as I wanted more Kurosawa, and that made me sad.

You don't like Ran, eh? It's no Rashômon, but it ain't that bad.

BTW: I shoulda known it was you, Piddy. Sheeze.

I love Ran. I think it's fantastic... To tell you the truth, I don't remember if I've seen Rashômon and I don't think I will have time to do it before the club's in session. But I'll be happy to join in on later films...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I'm not goofing around... I just picked the one I felt like the most, I haven't really paid attention.
I hope you'll join us anyway.

Sedai- Ran makes me sad, too. That scene where the king stumbles out of the fire brought tears to my eyes. It's very sad, but also such gorgeous photography.

Oh, is that what he meant?

You guys are pu***es.

...I don't think I will have time to do it before the club's in session.
Then why did you vote?

I hope you can make it, bud. I love discussing film with you.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I hope you'll join us anyway.

Sedai- Ran makes me sad, too. That scene where the king stumbles out of the fire brought tears to my eyes. It's very sad, but also such gorgeous photography.
What about the opening scene, the long meeting in the grass? That scene is one of my all time favourite scenes... I think I have ranted about it in some other thread a couple of years ago.

You don't like Ran, eh? It's no Rashômon, but it ain't that bad.

BTW: I shoulda known it was you, Piddy. Sheeze.
Oh, no no...I LOVE Ran, and have seen it many times. It is just ever so bleak and sad... That final scene always kills me.... I own the film....

What about the opening scene, the long meeting in the grass? That scene is one of my all time favourite scenes... I think I have ranted about it in some other thread a couple of years ago.
Love it. The calm before the storm. Only a man like Kurosawa can pace a scene like that, and make it that engrossing. It is snail slow, but so captivating. I love how he films weather in his films, like the rain in Rashomon and the clouds in Ran....

Hmmm. Surprised Holden isn't getting in on this.... He loves these films....

Lets put a smile on that block
Ive got it at the top of my rental list. They better send it to me and not some other thing off my list or i shall be angry indeed.

Put me in your pocket...
Oh...Annie...like you really needed to ask.
Yes, I really needed to ask. Thanks for the thought though.

II don't think I will have time to do it before the club's in session. But I'll be happy to join in on later films...
I hope you do Piddy.

So far I haven't found Rashmon at my regular jont, so I'm not sure if I'll make this one. If I can find it in the library, then I will.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I am having problems as well. I put Rashomon at the top of my queue on Blockbuster.com but I got Spider-Man 2 instead. Doh!

Yeah, there's no point in moving titles up and down your list at Blockbuster. They tend to send you what they want, or what they have in, which ain't a lot.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
*sigh* Netflix is really calling my name, but I feel like switching to a new service and having to build up my queue again when I already have over 500 titles in my old one.