The Movie Club Selection Poll

Tools    

Which of these movies do you want to watch in the new Movie Club?
34.29%
12 votes
Rashomon
11.43%
4 votes
Around The Bend
17.14%
6 votes
Heaven Can Wait (1943)
28.57%
10 votes
The Conversation
8.57%
3 votes
Maria Full of Grace
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
bump~
The vote should close tomorrow, around 8am PST (4pm, you Greenwich Time folks).

Roshomon is in the lead by one (I changed my vote to that when people said they couldn't get the one I'd originally voted for, so it has one more than is shown).

christine~ yeah, Netflix and Blockbuster are the main things used here. People tend to like to use their local video store, but checking with each would be unrealistic.

Put me in your pocket...
I'd like to join in when I can, if that's alright. I use Blockbuster so some films I might not be able to get, and my work is wierd time wise. I might have plenty of time to see a film one week, but the next I may not. Is it ok to jump in when I can?

Sounds watermelon...I was gonna say peachy but that is so overused.

Great!

But I'm gonna go ape if at least one of you guys don't start spelling it correctly.

It's Rashômon! (Go ahead and use a regular o tho'...I won't go ape over that.)
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Thanks, Slay. That was bugging me too. A quick trip to IMDB cleared up the spelling for me earlier today. I think I'll physically go to the store this weekend, since spelling or pronouncing that name over the phone to a store clerk where I go would be a nightmare of epic proportions.

Good one, but that's not me. I'd know if I had fangs, because I'd be using them.

Originally Posted by Austruck
Thanks, Slay. That was bugging me too. A quick trip to IMDB cleared up the spelling for me earlier today. I think I'll physically go to the store this weekend, since spelling or pronouncing that name over the phone to a store clerk where I go would be a nightmare of epic proportions.
I'd be curious to know if a single clerk would even know the name Kurosawa.

I'm excited about this. Our first film, and it's one done by one of the greatest directors who has ever lived...possibly, The greatest.

Oh. Boy!

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
fine by me
I think people tend to be in and out with this sort of thing.
Thank you Sammy. I appreciate it.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I'd be curious to know if a single clerk would even know the name Kurosawa.
True, true. Probably the married clerks would know, though, right?