Best Concerts

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
What are your top 3 favorite concerts you have been to?

Mine:

1. Dave Matthews Band

2. Simon and Garfunkel

3. Jethro Tull ( This one is sentimental because it was my first big concert.)

Honorable Mention: Lynard Skynard

I've only seen two real bands in concert - Korn & The Dave Matthews Band.

Dave Matthews was better...

Originally Posted by Lance McCool
Dave Matthews was better...
Yeah I would hope so...

I just saw Bob Dylan live tonight and although he is one of my favorite musicians, sadly he can't make the list beacuse he's not much of a performer these days.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
1.Lollapalooza 1992, Bremerton,WA.

2.Ozzfest 2004, Auburn,WA.

3.Van Halen 1980, Eugene,OR.

I've been to 8 concerts total, here they are in order from fav. to least fav.

1.Eagles
2.Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
3.Lynyrd Skynyrd
4.KISS/Aerosmith
5.the Allman Brothers
6.RUSH
7.DC Talk
8.STYX/Peter Frampton

Keep in mind, these all took place between the summers of 2003 to now, so some bands don't have their original members.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Without questions The Mars Volta at The Greek Theater in Berkeley was just awesome.

Randomly visiting for now
Haven't been to all that many big ones (about 6).

Top three would have to be.

3) Greenday

2) Oasis

1) Radiohead (quite a while back now, but they were so so awesome. Blew me away and I wasn't a massive fan like I am now)

In no particular order:

The Ga*Ga*s
Muse
Dream Theater

I am having a nervous breakdance
Kiss in 1984. My first rock concert. Quite an experience for a 9 year old kid.
Bob Hund in 1994. Possibly the best swedish live act ever. My first crowd surfing.
Linton Kwesi Johnson in 2002 or 2003. Just spellbinding.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
dont go to many concerts but i went to a Rooster gig a while ago and i was GREAT! I hate rooster but we were interviewed in the queue outside by a tv crew and then were inviteto the VIP party! ROCK ON!

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
dont go to many concerts but i went to a Rooster gig a while ago and i was GREAT! I hate rooster but we were interviewed in the queue outside by a tv crew and then were inviteto the VIP party! ROCK ON!
Never hoid of em. Who are they?

Rooster are a british rock band, (I think), I personally don't like them, Busted finally broke up, and then Rooster popped up, only McFly to go. (If your british you'll understand better)

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
i cant stand any of them really
Who in the right mind could? It's the same stuff over and over and over......

Game over man..Game over!
Pink Floyd
Metallica when they kicked A$$
Guns and Roses

Bulldog Bash 2003, not so much for The Wildhearts, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Biohazard and Raging Speedhorn (who i met) but for the 5 girl lesbian orgies live on stage afterwards

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Best concert so far was U2 at Murrayfield during the Popmart tour. Brilliant concert with good backup from the Seahorses, saw U2 again a couple of months ago in Glasgow, they were still awesome, but not as good as Popmart.

Second would probably be Madonna at Madison Square Garden, a great show, and I've always wanted to go to a gig at Madison Square Gardens. The fact that a Scottish piper joined her on stage for her encore made me any my mates night, we were slightly drunk and our national pride just came over us like something out of a Jekyl and Hide movie.

Third would be Genesis at Hampden park in the 80's, although I'm not a huge fan, it was a fantastic show and my first concert. Paul Young was the support band, again another 80's icon.

Special mention to the Simple Minds concert last year, they were one of my favourite bands of the 80's, and I never saw them in concert till last year! Same goes for Duran Duran who I also saw last year, ah nostalgia, took me back to my school disco days!!!

I go to loads of concerts, my mate has his own promotions company and it's always good for freebies, just saw Basement Jaxx last month, and I have freebies for Faithless and Franz Ferdinand at the end of the month. I love going to see bands and live music at the weekends, and at the moment Glasgow is one of the most happening cities in Britain for music. I'm working on a couple of documentaries on unsigned bands at the moment, but my dream is to do an in depth documentary on Scottish music from the 60's up till modern day with the likes of Travis, Franz Ferdinand and Texas.
Watch this space!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Best gigs I have been to...

1. Morrissey at Reading 2004
2. The Tears in Wolverhampton 2005
3. Coldplay @ Glastonbury 2002

I just went to The Doors 21c concert and it was amazing. Vanilla Fudge opened up for them and people went wild!