Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Tools    

Next Week with John Edwards

JOHN: Ok, Im getting something, Ok, ummmm, your mother she was...... a women!
AUDIENCE MEMBER: Omigod, YES! ( Tears follow)

Does anyone here believe in Bob Saggat? What about *lows voice* Costner? *flinches, shivers*

Thank you, thank you. I've got more if you want 'em! *nervous laugh, turns into sobbbing* I'm so alone...

John Edwards is strange… I’d like to go to one of his shows before I decide one way or the other about him…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

My life isn't written very well.
Yep, I'm wierd.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
I believe in John Edward. Have you actually paid attention to his shows? Read his book? I study all of this stuff. John Edward is usually dead on right with his guests.
I'm surprised you feel that way Jason. Harry Houdini exposed these kinds of "gifted acts" as charlatan magic tricks. Imagine me sitting with a group of people and I say I see a male wearing a military uniform. Three family members tell me that their father was in World War II and he passed away later on. I tell them that I am seeing an incident with the paint. Now, what if one of these people spilled paint, or painted a lovely picture, or painted a wall an ugly color, or had any kind of incident with paint? That person is likely to think that I hit on something specific when I actually said something very general. I have now convinced someone that the ghost of her father saw her do the paint thing, and now she's completely convinced.

And think about this. Edward records several hours of tape for one of his shows, and then displays how much of that to us? 10 or 15 minutes? Of course we are going to see the really convincing stuff, and not see any of the bad failures. Watch him take calls on a talk show sometime. He spends half his time explaining how the caller isn't concentrating on the right things. He is a con artist. He plays on the emotions and gullibility of people for his own gain.

EDIT: I found some real good reading on this guy. Check this page out: http://www.re-quest.net/entertainmen...v/john-edward/
I especially like the part entitled "A Sample 'Annotated' Reading". Scroll down just a little for that.

I'm weird......lol...........I thought weird was normal.......

.........im weird.....

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally posted by Gracie
You know who's wierd? frutkake!
Whaaa! Me weird, thats unpossible....

Originally posted by Nikki
Hmmmmm.........ok yes it sounded obscure............

I believe in "good ghosts"........Angels......

Then........

I believe in "evil ghosts"...........Demonic forces.....
righty-o now i get it

Originally posted by frutkake
Next Week with John Edwards

JOHN: Ok, Im getting something, Ok, ummmm, your mother she was...... a women!
AUDIENCE MEMBER: Omigod, YES! ( Tears follow)

thats exactly how he does it, its called cold-reading, where basically it uses strategic guesses at the questions and uses common other factors, i could do cold-readings on this site and call it "connecting" but its really all a croc of shy-at

I don't know -- I still believe in psychic abilities, sychronicity (most definitely -- you couldn't get me to not believe in that), God, etc. My sister's been to a psychic and he predicted my dad's car accident in 1996, and the initial of her future husband she has now (R), among other things. I've had my many experiences too. There was a guy at my school last year who died, and around the time it happened (he was going home), I was sitting in my class and I just started thinking that someone had died. It just came to me, like that. When I went home two hours later, I asked my mom if someone had died. Next day, paper comes, and I read about that guy dying. I've had other experiences like that too -- oh yeah, the night before the sniper shootings started, I thought "Something really bad is going to happen in the moring". Next day, wake up, turn on the news -- they're looking for a white box truck, poeple had died. My mom is very psychic too -- she dreams the events.
i believe psychic's exsist and that people can predict the future, my religion states that all things happen for a reason, basically no conincidents, but i believe that most things happen for a reason whether scientific or supernatural and than a few things just happen without there being any significant reasononing behind it, sorry about my shocking spelling but im so far tired i shouldnt even be at the keyboard.

Originally posted by Naisy

all things happen for a reason, basically no conincidents, but i believe that most things happen for a reason whether scientific or supernatural and than a few things just happen without there being any significant reasononing behind it

Originally posted by Naisy
i believe that most things happen for a reason whether scientific or supernatural and than a few things just happen without there being any significant reasononing behind it
It's a lot easier to spell ***** HAPPENS!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I believe in the ghosts of the chickens I ate for lunch for they are now sitting atop my thoracic cavity and moaning into my throat.

*urp

*pardon me.

Didn't see it.
Do you believe in ghosts?

No. Disembodied spirits that roam the earth do not line up with my theology.

I want to tell a short story here.

My neighbor is an ex WWII air force pilot. His wife has alzheimers disease. Before the disease really took root, I was upstairs in her painting room. We were discussing her latest paintings when she looked right at me and said "I have people walking through here all the time." It was totally out of context in the conversation but she looked like she was watching someone walk by. I asked her about it and she told me they come from the corner of the house, sometimes lots of them, and they walk through her bedroom and her painting room.

I wrote it off to her disease. I mentioned it to my wife when I got home and she shrugged it off as well. I never forgot that... it was really creepy.

From my bed I can look out into the hallway, just a small part of it. We have a nightlight out there so the kids can find the bathroom at night. One night I woke up and saw shadows moving on the wall. I'm a logical guy, but this freaked me out. It looked like the shadows of a parade of people walking down my hallway.

I shook my head in disbelief and went back to sleep. I had convinced myself that it was a dream.

Until I got a dog. Two nights ago I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. The dog was camped out on my feet as usual. I felt her start shivering as I was finishing up. She stood up and stared at the door (which was closed), shivering. She's a very active dog, but she was standing still...eyes focused and unmoving and just shivering.... visibly... like her skin was crawling. No barking, no moving... I can't tell you enough how unusual this is for her. I opened the door and looked out, saw nothing.

The damn dog stayed like that for five minutes, just staring. Then whatever it was with her stopped.

No further incidents... the whole thing was just weird.

i believe in ghosts, i have had several encounters with them an sometimes with more than one at a time.me and my friends go "ghost hunting" almost every weekend with a camera.we have gotted them on camera 4 times that we can see clearly not just blurs.they are usually found at night about 3 blocks away from my house, next to this old creepy house that noone lives in. every halloween we go to that house out of curiosity cause there are about 6 cars there that never leave. 3 years ago we went up to the door like usual and knocked 20 times, no answer.this house is a huge 2 story it is like the addams family house, i am serious.so we decide to look through the basement window. me and my cousin jake go over there and we see this person with short hair about in his/her 60's, sitting in a chair with its back to us. the tv was sitting in front of him/her and he/she wasnt moving at all. we knocked furiously at the window for at least 5 minutes,still not moving. so we decide to leave right. and on our way out we are almost to the road and we look back and see this face like staring at us from the second floorwindow. it was freaky.i am almost positive that is was a ghost cause i could see right through it, but yet i could still see it.that is not the only time i have seen a ghost. we see one every single time we go "ghost hunting" with the camera. so in other words i believe in ghosts

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

It's a lot easier to spell ***** HAPPENS!
please you ruined my intelligent looking speech

Originally posted by Gatterious
i believe in ghosts, i have had several encounters with them an sometimes with more than one at a time.me and my friends go "ghost hunting" almost every weekend with a camera.we have gotted them on camera 4 times that we can see clearly not just blurs.they are usually found at night about 3 blocks away from my house, next to this old creepy house that noone lives in. every halloween we go to that house out of curiosity cause there are about 6 cars there that never leave. 3 years ago we went up to the door like usual and knocked 20 times, no answer.this house is a huge 2 story it is like the addams family house, i am serious.so we decide to look through the basement window. me and my cousin jake go over there and we see this person with short hair about in his/her 60's, sitting in a chair with its back to us. the tv was sitting in front of him/her and he/she wasnt moving at all. we knocked furiously at the window for at least 5 minutes,still not moving. so we decide to leave right. and on our way out we are almost to the road and we look back and see this face like staring at us from the second floorwindow. it was freaky.i am almost positive that is was a ghost cause i could see right through it, but yet i could still see it.that is not the only time i have seen a ghost. we see one every single time we go "ghost hunting" with the camera. so in other words i believe in ghosts
do you have a scanner, i would be much interested in seeing those shots

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought this may fit in here. I find the whole are of the supernatural, paranormal quite thrilling.....

Try this, it's so strange. Apparently the owners of this house had been seeing images and hearing voices for quite a while. They did research and found that a lady once lived in the house who lost her husband during the civil war. Legend says that she used to sit at the table and look across the fields in anticipation of her loved one returning home. He never came. They say she still waits. They caught this photo of what they claim to be her.

This one was wild and a little spooky once you find the ghost in the picture. It took me about 45 seconds to find it, but when you do, it just stands out. Like one of those optical illusions.

To save you some time, concentrate around the table. It's best not to focus too much on one spot. Look around the table and toward the window.

Click on the link below for the picture. It looks best enlarged. For an added touch, turn up your volume. It's faint, but the low murmur you hear was what got the photographer's attention.

http://home.attbi.com/~n9ivo/whatswrong.swf