Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Tools    

I don't believe in Ghosts. I believe that people have been possessed, demons, Satan, God, Angels, friendship and Disco, but I do not believe in Ghosts. I've been scared before, but not because of anything like that. I just aimagine a Ghost standing in the middle of my room. My imagination has scared me more than anything ever has. I sometime imagine that I heard the steps creak and that a Zombie or the little girl from The Ring is coming up the stairs to get me. I don't get scared by real things, though. I don't get scared by murderer's, or Serial Killer movies, just things that aren't real.
Onto scary moments:

There's a Funeral Home near our house, and one time, at night, we drove by, and I saw a small old man with glasses, balding, white-ish gray hair, and just barely tall enough to see out the window, peering out in the darkenss, as if expecting something. I was really scared at the time, but I thought, "He's just a grumpy old man, with nothing better to do than look out his window at people." But every time I pass by in the car, I see him peering out in the same way: As if seeing something I couldn't. And he was the really creepy kind of old man too, ya' know?

Once, I had to walk home at night on a particularly abondoned street. The thing about this street is that on one side there are houses, and on the other there are a small clump of woods. Anyway, I was walking, and when I was about 1/4 of the way there, I thought I saw something moving in the trees. I stopped for a second, and I heard leaves and twigs snapping. As I quickened my pace, I heard whatever was in the trees quicken it's pace. All of a sudden, I started running, and when I got on the front porch of my house, I saw a Cat come out!! I felt pretty stupid, being all scared like that, which is why I didn't really tell anybody.

Originally posted by Caitlyn
Turkeybird099... That's some weird stuff... Have you seen a doctor about any of the things that are going on with you?
nope,never seen anyone about it but im beginning to think i want to because last weekend i woke up with a cut just to the left of my -left eye... it was nasty, and had to go to the hospital to get stitches. -not fun- I think he-my father(1)- thinks im doing it to myself but then again we dont talk much and were not exactly close. another option i though about was that he was doing it to me, but realised that couldent be true because it happens not only at home but anywhere, so as strange and annoying this is ill just have to ignore it.
(1) mother died when i was 4 so have to lkive with him.

Originally posted by turkeybird099

nope,never seen anyone about it but im beginning to think i want to because last weekend i woke up with a cut just to the left of my -left eye... it was nasty, and had to go to the hospital to get stitches. -not fun- I think he-my father(1)- thinks im doing it to myself but then again we dont talk much and were not exactly close. another option i though about was that he was doing it to me, but realised that couldent be true because it happens not only at home but anywhere, so as strange and annoying this is ill just have to ignore it.
(1) mother died when i was 4 so have to lkive with him.
If I were you, I would try to borrow a hidden video camera (or a small video camera and try to hide it) and tape yourself while your are sleeping. This is very creepy; there is no way I would just let it keep happenening without trying everything I could to find out what the hell was going on.

Good idea! I would'nt want to got to sleep for fear of getting hurt again! It can't be you're Dad, otherwise you'd hav been woken up, right? Anyway, I gotta go! There's a Ghost at my door!

Originally posted by LordSlaytan

You make it sound like I'm in denial, r3port3r66. I'm a realist. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, Yahweh or Lucifer, Ghosts or Spirits. I don't believe in Ghouls or Goblins, Yetis or Sasquatches, Werewolves or Vampires. I do believe in Evolution, Big Bang, and Relativity.

I feel like I just stacked a bunch of firewood under my ass and gave you guys a match. What am I supposed to say to someone like Naisy or Caitlyn, both of whom I like very much? That they're full of crap, crazy, or just old fashioned liars? I don't want to say any of those things, partly because I don't want to hurt people I like, and partly because they obviously believe in what they saw, and who am I to doubt their word.

I don't want any attempts of conversion, or to be shown the light, or to be debated with on how my beliefs are short-sighted or narrow-minded. Believe what you want to, and so will I.

Ooooh I'm chomping at the bit...

I'll respect your wishes but I do want to point something out.

" I'm a realist. I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, Yahweh or Lucifer, Ghosts or Spirits."

Just please leave room for the idea that what we see everyday is our (as a whole) reality based upon what we are equipped to see/hear/smell/taste/touch/understand. We are obviously underequipped to understand everything...or even see everything around us. I think the human being is somewhat flawed in that we think if we can't touch it or understand it that it doesn't exist.

I'm done good sir, carry on.

yeah yeah real sure, but when it comes to spirits i love to challenge people when they say they cannot exsist. One person asked me to show them my soul in a jar and i said when he shows me his love for his family in a jar, i will show him my soul, a perfect example not all can be explained in the confindments of science (unless science extends the boundries in which it works)

I like the way good ol' Lewis put it:

"Some parts of me are still twelve, and when I was twelve, some parts of me were already 50!"

I just found this thread and I must say that it is a very interesting one. The stories that have being mentioned earlier gave me goosebumps, some of them freaked me out and Im not joking or trying to be funny, they really did.

Anyway Im not sure if I believe ghosts or not, I have no real recollection of something "otherworldly" happening to me, maybe I dismissed them as part of my imagination, which could be very possible as the mind is very powerful thing, if one were to believe in something so much that was not real or did not happen and was convinced that it actually did happen cause it felt or looked so real then the mind would also start beleiving it to be true.

I guess sometimes its not always seeing is believing but the otherway round sometimes believing leads to seeing, i found that out to be true in my situation but i dont think for a second it was mere trickery of the mind. I mind not be as smart as most people and i clearly admit that without remorse but when it comes to this sort of stuff i know more than the average person (i hope that didnt sound too up myself).

Originally posted by Naisy
I guess sometimes its not always seeing is believing but the otherway round sometimes believing leads to seeing, i found that out to be true in my situation but i dont think for a second it was mere trickery of the mind. I mind not be as smart as most people and i clearly admit that without remorse but when it comes to this sort of stuff i know more than the average person (i hope that didnt sound too up myself).
I believe you, I was just talking of my own experiences, I guess in a way I do beleive in Ghosts and otherworldly things, I mean, just because I havent seen something doesnt mean it doesnt exists.
And dont worry you dont sound too up yourself.

I believe in the spirit realm of good and evil........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Hmmmmm.........ok yes it sounded obscure............

I believe in "good ghosts"........Angels......

Then........

I believe in "evil ghosts"...........Demonic forces.....

Does anyone believe in John Edwards? I dont, his TV show looks so fake and scripted, and cheesey.

I haven't seen John Edwards pull anything too sleazy yet. But John Edward... Yeah, he's a big frigin' con artist. He mostly uses a trick known as cold reading. Pretty clever, but I can't believe how many people he and others are able to dupe. James Van Praagh uses the same technique.