Aughts Phenom: The Douche Bag.

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
I love pop culture! I love that so many things come and go, trends make wonderful high school pictures: horn-rimmed glasses, off-the shoulder sweat shirts, Swatch. I'm always on the lookout for things that will infiltrate the masses of people usually sitting next to me on the bus.

So I've noticed this new breed of men called the "Douche Bag". A man that maintains a tan more than a Guiness. He spikes his hair like a Pokeman character, and flashes a crooked peace sign in pictures., usually with his lips stretched out ala Billy Idol. His body is muscular and filled with contradictory tattoos.

Where did these guys come from? What women like them? Where do they fit into society?

this is a trend in the US. I'm not sure I've seen this type of personality in Europe. And I've always been confused; what's the difference between a Douche bag and a Tool?.

(....how come all baby noses look the same?)

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

I thought this thread was gonna be about one of my exes.

But anyways, douche bag or not, the guy in that picture is hot. Paste my head onto that picture. Put it directly on his crotch.

Gay men are trying to pull off this douche bag image too. My ex partner is that way -- gotta have a new tattoo every once in awhile, gotta spike the hair, gotta wear the sunglasses, have the goatee, work out, act tough, act interested in sports, you name it. I don't buy it. At least not with him. Not after the many times I've almost drowned under yarn as he crocheted scarf after scarf.

Masculinity and men showing off this way turns women on. Testosterone is a high for both sexes. These men are trying to get in touch with gladiator personas of the past. Hence we have 300, Gladiator, Fight Club and other sorts of battle/fighting movies, men killing men, etc.

What's on my pop culture radar at the moment is a return to masculinity, to war, to aggression. These are all signs of change, in my opinion. We need more hot men to make hot sex to create more babies that will lead us to our future, to make a better world.

I say let the sluts and harlots, the pimps and gigolos, be free and make whoopie. If I was a woman, I'd either be at the abortion clinic or having baby #74,289 right now.

Banned from Hollywood.
Where did these guys come from?
they evolved from many years of hanging out with other "douche bags" (check evolution of modern society for that)

What women like them?
what women like in them? or why women like them? if its the former, i think it's quite obvious..just like a lot of guys would love a hot female fit body, so will most women like a fit male body as well.

Where do they fit into society?
the mainly fit in the Paris "am I f*ucking talented or what?" Hilton Let's-Act-Like-Drunk-Retards-And-Break-Up-Everything Club

this is a trend in the US. I'm not sure I've seen this type of personality in Europe.
Take a little trip to the south of Italy,Spain, parts of the Scandinavian countries,parts of France and my homecountry Greece and you will be surprised that there are a lot of these characters outside the USA as well

You guys can have him... he looks like an arse to me...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)