Ask Holden Pike.

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
I think Holden Pike is one of the most knowledgeable members on these boards.

I was hoping that Holden wouldn't mind a thread like this one, where we ask questions about film or media, and he gives us his opinion or answers. I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and they do this question/answer thing with one of the critics, and frankly I enjoy reading it.

If Holden is totally against something like this, let him erase this thread and I'll move on. If not, let me start the ball rolling.

Dear Holden who is the voice behind this trailer, I think he is one of the greatest movie trailer voices of all time (This trailer perhaps has the best "now" in movie history), He sounds familiar, but I'd like to know if he's still living, dead or even if he still does voice over work for trailers.

edit: I think this thread went in the wrong direction--that's not a bad thing at all. Holden isn't interested, but we can still have fun with it. I changed the name too.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Okay Holden, what mmovie did Quentin Tarrintino (spelling) help direct for $1

Dude, I'd give Holden his own column if he wanted it. But I think he knows that.

Okay Holden, what mmovie did Quentin Tarrintino (spelling) help direct for $1
Even I know this one.

My life isn't written very well.
Dear adidasss; No, but I think Holden will know the answer and part of the fun is to see if he actually does! I bet Holden won't have to use Google for a quick response, although he may need to use it for details. Besides, Holden might supply his own thoughts on the subject, which I think I'd enjoy.

Actor Percy Rodrigues is the voice of the Jaws trailers.

Quentin took a "fee" of $1 to direct his day's worth of SIN CITY.

But yeah, I'm done with this thread. As adidasss said, Google could have easily answered the first question and Lennon and most everybody else who cares obviously knew the answer to the Tarantino one before he asked it.

I'm not here to play stump the band. Thanks, though...I guess.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

We can try to stump me, it will take like 1 question though

Alright Holden, if I may ask, why does this thing never say you are online?

Oh, that's cool, thanks

Why not just make it- "ask whoever wants to answer or even guess" thread, that way we can all play.

Free rep to whoever can answer this- John Moore was almost killed while fiming what movie

(hint: he was almost hit by a tank)

good job 7thson

Dennis Quaid recieved an Oscar nomination for what movie?

and the title changed?

Your thread, Len. Tell me what you want it called and I'll rename/move it, though I might keep something in the title so as not to disturb its continuity.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Since when does Holdenwant to do anything fun?

Suspect's Reviews

He's chosen to be "invisible" which means that his online status isn't revealed to anyone outside of Admins and Moderators.
and anyone with the ability to count. 9 times out of 10 if it says 11 members online and you can only see 10. You know its olde Holde lurking in the background ready to strike people down with his razor wit and giant cranium of knowledge.

I pity the fool who crosses Holden's moron radar.