Why That Sig?

Tools    

So I decided to use a quote from Martin Luther King Jr for my sig. Always been quick to judge. The sig will hopefully remind me to take a step back.

Why your sig? Any special reason?

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I don't have any special reason. I tend to use one from the movie that I have on my avatar. Just to keep with a theme. Even when I am not doing the theme of the week thingy.

I think it's fairly self explanatory, but after the whole rapping career hoax/I'm Still Here weirdness, I put "The Phoenix will rise again" in my signature to indicate my belief and hope that Joaquin Phoenix would return to acting and regain his reputation for his talent. Then The Master came out and I changed it to "The Phoenix has risen."

I think it's fairly self explanatory, but after the whole rapping career hoax/I'm Still Here weirdness, I put "The Phoenix will rise again" in my signature to indicate my belief and hope that Joaquin Phoenix would return to acting and regain his reputation for his talent. Then The Master came out and I changed it to "The Phoenix has risen."
Yeah I believed Joaquin Phoenix was putting on a work during that whole time. What is funny is how Hollywood fell for it, and when he came out that it was all a work, well.... I still dont think they know how to properly respond to it. He fooled them all, and Andy Kaufman was rolling in laughter somewhere. I havent seen the movie on why he did it though. Is it good?

My sig mainly consists of links to my various online film related activities, plus a quote which basically states my opinion on capitalism and how it's slowly eroding civilization.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Yeah I believed Joaquin Phoenix was putting on a work during that whole time. What is funny is how Hollywood fell for it, and when he came out that it was all a work, well.... I still dont think they know how to properly respond to it. He fooled them all, and Andy Kaufman was rolling in laughter somewhere. I havent seen the movie on why he did it though. Is it good?
I caught Phoenix on David Letterman during that period and I thought it obvious he was acting cause no one would act that idiotic.

I caught Phoenix on David Letterman during that period and I thought it obvious he was acting cause no one would act that idiotic.
You must not have met much of a variety of people in your life then. I've met plenty of people who "act that idiotic" and aren't putting on a performance. Phoenix also had a history of odd behavior and contempt for the media, so it seemed plausible that it could be for real. The real giveaway was the presence of Casey Affleck and the camera crew, though.

I don't know if "good" is the right word for it. It's just really bizarre. The first time I saw it, I just kept whispering "What the f***?" to myself over and over until it ended. Then I watched it again with the DVD commentary on and understood it a little bit better, but it didn't really lose any of its weirdness.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
You must not have met much of a variety of people in your life then. I've met plenty of people who "act that idiotic" and aren't putting on a performance. Phoenix also had a history of odd behavior and contempt for the media, so it seemed plausible that it could be for real. The real giveaway was the presence of Casey Affleck and the camera crew, though.
Lots of people put on acts, but that's another story. To me, Phoenix's appearance was so inappropriate, so over-the-top, that it was transparent he was putting everyone on. If I remember correctly, at one point Letterman asked him to take out his gum so he did and put it under Letterman's desk. C'monnnnnnn

An Episode In Supernatural.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Joaquin returns to Letterman-surprised so many bought it.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2557320 15 second clip

Well, mine was obvious because it was about my spine, and therapy. OK, and some man that I'm extremely attracted to. He also had a severe spine injury. I can't continue timing my therapy for now because I need another stupid surgery. This best be it, though, because it's driving me crazy. It also hurts a lot.

Mine's usually just something funny some MoFo said. I like to change them every so often.

(Re: Phoenix. At the time I thought he might just have been high, which would explain the over-the-top behavior without it having to be a complete put-on.)

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Maybe I came off as implying those who didn't see the put-on are fools and I'm sorry if I did. Sometimes some people can see something/connect correctly that not all others see so maybe I was just on the right wavelength. I went back when I first posted, checked out the interview and I can understand Yoda's view and others. I'm a fan of Joaquin Phoenix. Not only his work but the way he carries himself.

As yet I'm still sigless. Maybe I'll be inspired.