Is Taco Bell's beef real?
12.50%
1 votes
Yes
87.50%
7 votes
No
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

One of the things that powers Sexy Celebrity every now and then is Taco Bell beef. Of course, Taco Bell chicken isn't bad either -- I do love their supreme chicken gorditas. But, recently, Taco Bell's beef has been accused of not even being real beef. A lab test has confirmed that it's less than 35% beef. Taco Bell claims it's 88 % beef (and 12 % SECRET RECIPE, oooooooh scary).

I LOVE tacos from Taco Bell, especially with their new Verde sauce:

But I admit -- I'm bothered about what their beef might really be. Taco Bell insists their beef is real -- and they're suing the guys that have TARNISHED their reputation, read here:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/28/news...dex.htm?hpt=T2

I guess their reputation is tarnished because now I wonder if the beef is real. I mean, couldn't they actually be lying about the beef being 88% beef? And what's in the 12% secret recipe? Do we have any detectives around here that have had the opportunity to break into Taco Bell Headquarters and get the secret recipe's ingredients?

TACO BELL BEEF:
Real... or NOT?

There's no real percentage at which it becomes beef, so I don't know. It's got beef in it, it tastes like beef, et cetera. I'm okay having it sometimes, though I have to imagine there's a fairly probable chance that all this stuff spurs them to go with all-beef tacos, probably heavily publicizing that fact.

There's no real percentage at which it becomes beef, so I don't know. It's got beef in it, it tastes like beef, et cetera. I'm okay having it sometimes, though I have to imagine there's a fairly probable chance that all this stuff spurs them to go with all-beef tacos, probably heavily publicizing that fact.
So maybe this is all a publicity stunt. Get everyone's attention about their tacos and the beef, then later proudly unveil "100% beef tacos" NOW at Taco Bell, send everybody to Taco Bell to try them, etc.

That very well could happen. But I do wonder now if it's a publicity stunt. So far, this is bad publicity, though. But then again, Taco Bell always has had a bad reputation to begin with, anyway.

I don't care. I like 'em. Nom Noms.

Taco Bell beef has to have more beef in it than what they called tacos in my school lunch. I usually get chicken tacos these days anyway, though.

I have actually had an experience at Taco Bell before where I ordered some kind of chicken taco thing and I thought the meat inside it didn't look/taste like chicken -- so I actually went back up to the counter and said, "I think you've made a mistake. I think this is beef. I ordered chicken, not beef."

Just for reference, I'm not an obnoxious consumer who does stuff like this all the time, the type that's always looking for something to fuss about. I like to get my stuff and go -- and be happy. But on this particular day at Taco Bell, those chicken taco things just didn't sit well with me. I knew I had had chicken stuff from Taco Bell before (but I think it had been awhile) and this just didn't seem right.

Of course, the manager told me, "NO! That's chicken!"

I took it back to the table and ate it....

Later, I turned into this:

So, I'm surprised that their beef is being called into question when their chicken had me flying all over the Washington Metropolitan Area a few years ago.

Semper Fooey
I know what is in Jack in the Box's Secret Sauce, human saliva because a cousin saw a cook spitting on a burger while cooking it.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I actually saw this on Buzzfeed the other day;
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/the-to...aco-bells-beef

I can't really comment on the ingredients they use since I've never eaten out of, walked into or have seen a Taco Bell in my life.

Ingredient #3: Isolated Oat Product

I've been eating oatmeal everytime I dine at Taco Bell?

I. HATE. OATMEAL.

Semper Fooey
[quote=Sexy Celebrity;711574]Ingredient #3: Isolated Oat Product

I've been eating oatmeal everytime I dine at Taco Bell?

I. HATE. OATMEAL.

Apparently not when Taco Bell makes it. You should thank them. Oatmeal is good for you. Your mommy wishes she could have found a way to make you eat your oatmeal. The nice people at Taco Bell found a way to make you eat it.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Where is Slug at?

Isn't he the Taco Bell expert?

I am half agony, half hope.
You're right! And Slug said when we discussed this (at length), "Doesn't matter what's in there, could be chopped Chihuahua, and it's still the best thing out there."

Johann von Goethe

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
For me, it don't matter. I don't eat there anyways. I can't eat at a place where 3/4ths of them have more food on their restaurant floors than anywhere else.

You ready? You look ready.
Merge with capitalism thread.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Semper Fooey
Your right! And Slug said when we discussed this (at length), "Doesn't matter what's in there, could be chopped Chihuahua, and it's still the best thing out there."
Now we know what happened to the Taco Bell dog.