Leonard Nimoy Has Died

Tools    

He was 83. RIP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar...t-83.html?_r=0

This one really makes me sad. Nimoy came off as such a great, humble, talented and intelligent guy, and I have always been a fan. He will certainly be missed.

Damn. I'm not even a so-called "fan", since I was never into Star Trek and such (though I do know he has made other stuff). I saw the new Star Trek films though, and even for his age he did tremendously well in those. I loved his character, and he seemed to have a great deal of talent.

RIP.

I heard he did a mind-meld with one of his doctors so not to worry, he'll be back in a couple months.

Welcome to the human race...
Damn. I'm still in the process of making my way through The Original Series, but from what I've seen so far (to say nothing of his cinematic career as well), he was definitely a talented actor, damn the campiness of Trek. LLAP.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I was never a huge Star Trek fan, but his impact to the entertainment world can't be argued. The world lost a great man today. Live long and prosper everyone!

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy a fine actor and director.

Some of Len's highlights.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986). Star and director.

Perfectly cast against type in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

He almost proved too crafty for Columbo in the classic episode A Stitch In Crime(1973).

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I watched all the original "Star Trek" episodes when they first aired and then all of them over-and-over later in syndication. He and William Shatner were born less than a week apart. They also were two famous people who battled it out for worst "singer" for awhile. I think Shatner won, although he's actually better at it now. Here's one more, besides Yoda's, that Leonard entered in the contest. Great video though.

R.I.P.

Ohhhh no! The Sexy Curse has gone to the Final Frontier!

R.I.P. Spock

Live long and....

Scratch that.

A system of cells interlinked
Sad news, indeed. I shall send him off this evening with a nice Star Trek film. Thanks for all the great memories and thought provoking character play.

I am so sorry to hear about the death of Mr. Nimoy. I must confess that I have never been into Star Trek, but I must give props to an actor who pretty much made a viable acting career out of a single character. I did enjoy his brief tenure as Paris on Mission: Impossible though...RIP, Mr. Nimoy.